Video Camera (Digital?)...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
... Hello Guys,

I would like to buy a video camera. I believe the way to go now is digital. Anyone have any advice on the best one to buy please?

I need one with a good storage size. Family holiday videos etc. I don't want an expensive one.

Your input would be appreciated.

Admin.

Im looking for one too for Aggies xmas box, woulda liked to pay 150 but can move a bit i suppose. what do i look for when buying one of these, pixels? memory? or what?

What does your colleague think of his camera Apache?Just read through the customer reviews and one or two of them are saying that you cannot get the same battery that you have given with camera

He you mate managed to get a spare battery for his or has he just not bothered?
I just re read my post! I meant to say he was very happy with it! Takes it on holiday, does a bit of DIY editing when he gets back. Think he only has the origional battery. Just plugs into the comp like an external hard drive.

He had one that recoded onto mini-DVD's and hated it.

The picture quality is good (from what I've seen of his videos) it's the shakey operator that lets him down ;)

There are spare batteries for it in the listing on Amazon! Think he paid best part of

He you mate???????

Gawd i cant even spell.:_|Blushing

Should have said Has your mate, but i guess you already knew that. :D

Okay.

Photography class 101.

This generally goes for still photography, but most of it is adaptable to video.

1. pixels.

There are, sadly, a plethora of ways of counting pixels. Effective, extrapolated, interleaved etc, etc.

All bull poo! Basically means that the system "guesses" the colour of the dots between the ones it can see, and bulks up the data by a factor of 4, without actually having any more pixels.

Forget "1000 X digital zoom". That`s no good either. Zoom needs to be optical.

The difference? Digital zoom basically only uses a small percentage of the sensor to collect the data, and expand it to the screen size. Those 20 million pixels WOULD give a good piccie, but you are only using 3 million of em in zoomed mode!!!

Memory should be upgradeable. If not, don`t buy! Don`t let the memeory be a factor in the purchase. You can upgrade meme, but not the sensor!!

Don`t have 300 different settings, buttons and "special features" that you and/or the end user won`t ever use!

Last bit of info: buy the best you can afford. Go for a reputable make, not a QVC "bargain", which is likely to be a lump of tat that didn`t sell elsewhere.

Last bit of info: buy the best you can afford. Go for a reputable make, not a QVC "bargain", which is likely to be a lump of tat that didn`t sell elsewhere.
My niece bought one of them paid about

Don`t get me wrong, love. They do have good deals sometimes - inbetween all the tat!!!!

JVC - good make. As are the Sony, Canon etc......

Go for a quality name is the message, I think x)

Strange thing to video - births. Who you gonna show the video too? Not something I'd want to see. I know it's traditional to embarrass kids with naked bath pictures when they bring their bf/gf home, what next - showing birthing videos :eek:
I think it was my sisters idea to film it, if my neice ever decided to try for another baby she's gonna fetch the film out. She'll think twice bofore having another one. Applaud Smiley:^O

I think it was my sisters idea to film it, if my neice ever decided to try for another baby she's gonna fetch the film out. She'll think twice bofore having another one. Applaud Smiley:^O
Ah birth video as contraception! That's a plan admin 2 ;)

Okay.Photography class 101.

This generally goes for still photography, but most of it is adaptable to video.

1. pixels.

There are, sadly, a plethora of ways of counting pixels. Effective, extrapolated, interleaved etc, etc.

All bull poo! Basically means that the system "guesses" the colour of the dots between the ones it can see, and bulks up the data by a factor of 4, without actually having any more pixels.

Forget "1000 X digital zoom". That`s no good either. Zoom needs to be optical.

The difference? Digital zoom basically only uses a small percentage of the sensor to collect the data, and expand it to the screen size. Those 20 million pixels WOULD give a good piccie, but you are only using 3 million of em in zoomed mode!!!

Memory should be upgradeable. If not, don`t buy! Don`t let the memeory be a factor in the purchase. You can upgrade meme, but not the sensor!!

Don`t have 300 different settings, buttons and "special features" that you and/or the end user won`t ever use!

ah,, I understand now, a zoom lens, and NOT a zoom screen!

maybe I'll just stretch a bit and go for the one apache linked, after doing a bit of searching it seems to be as good as any, and I found spare batteries ok as well.

agree with you on the multitude of gimicky settings too.

as for QVC, seems to be all old end of line stuff they sell, Ive had my sat nav for about 3years now(its way outdated) and qvc had one on last week for the bargain price of

The issue with HDD is the fact that they are super-precise bits of kits, spinning at a heck of a rate.....

The propensity for damage is massive. :(

I`d be after solid state memory bud - less to go wrong........

But that is just my opinion ;)

The issue with HDD is the fact that they are super-precise bits of kits, spinning at a heck of a rate.....The propensity for damage is massive. :(

I`d be after solid state memory bud - less to go wrong........

But that is just my opinion ;)
Did I hear they are going to make laptops with solid state memory?

is it me , or is the pixel specification somewhat poor .

no optical zoom

which seems to be the preference .

mr smith .