virgin

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAUL M

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me what cable you need to extend virgin media to another room please:)

And can you use a normal splitter?or do i tell customer they got to pay virgin media

Can anybody tell me what cable you need to extend virgin media to another room please:)And can you use a normal splitter?or do i tell customer they got to pay virgin media

i extented my vigin broadband with ct100 min 75ohm satelite cable and never had a problem

standard splitter can be used for a one off with no problem but more than that and the signal will need a powered splitter to boost the signal output

whoooo listen to me, almost makes it sound like i have a clue what i just said.... ; \

if virgin will really do it for

Agree with Betty

get the virgins in they can increase your signal strength at the box in your street so there would be no need for an amp

also when they extend it they will test the line

CT100 or CT125 cable, use a standard 'F' splitter available from Maplinhttp://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=f%20splitter&source=15

If you are using more devices than what you already have and you get problems, either remove the attenuator from the junction box outside your front door or remove the attenuator from the back of the cable modem.
if there is one !!!!!

removing the attenuators is a bad move......it will alter the up/downstream of the signal meaning you will loose your interactive facility and pictures

if you have broadband and remove the one outside you will lose the internet

i wouldnt do for

Cheers lads ,i was asked if i could do it by a customer i am wiring an extention for Guiness Drink i will tell her to get virgin in after all it`s only

if you have broadband and remove the one outside you will lose the internet
When I had Virgin (before they started throttling the nuts out of it between 10am & 9pm every day), the only attenuator was on the back of the cable modem - outside the front door was just a straight coupler and it had been that way from day 1.

When I had Virgin (before they started throttling the nuts out of it between 10am & 9pm every day), the only attenuator was on the back of the cable modem - outside the front door was just a straight coupler and it had been that way from day 1.
Throttling the nuts out of virgin? This forum is bordering on smut ;) :eek: :^O

Throttling the nuts out of virgin? This forum is bordering on smut ;) :eek: :^O
LOL....Virgin restrict the download speeds by 75% once you pull more than X amount of GB per day (X is dependant on what package you have in the first place).

As an example, once you pull 4GB (or more) on the 20Mbit package - you are restricted to 5Mbit. Given that it is possible to have 4GB in around 25 minutes on the 20Mbit package, it doesn't take long to reach the trigger level.

It was common practice a few years ago that when there were too many people on broadband for the bandwidth available they would reset it every hour to give other people a chance,,,,,,,4pm everyday

Virgin do make me laugh.

They introduced the bandwidth throttling because their network can't cope with all the 20Mbit users at the moment, so what on earth are they going to do when they roll out the 50Mbit service in a few months?

i have BT and the best i get is 4mb,, does me fine

but then i dont do online gaming

Latest posts