voltage tester

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky999

Reaction score
Fluke T140 - Voltage/Continuity Tester

Has any one used or owned one of these before, im intrested in purchasing one or if there are better let me know please thank you

none of them things or anything of the ilk are wort a **** my friend,

save your money, buy a neon for 99p,

and use a decent multimeter if you must.

IMHO anything short of a proper tester is just a way of getting ur pennies outta you for little in return.

none of them things will ever tell you if your not getting juice, only indicate roughly that 2 of the cables are at approx such and such a potential difference.

i hate them, HATE 'em all i tell yas, X( ]:) X( ]:) X( ]:)

none of them things or anything of the ilk are wort a **** my friend,save your money, buy a neon for 99p,

and use a decent multimeter if you must.

IMHO anything short of a proper tester is just a way of getting ur pennies outta you for little in return.

none of them things will ever tell you if your not getting juice, only indicate roughly that 2 of the cables are at approx such and such a potential difference.

i hate them, HATE 'em all i tell yas, X( ]:) X( ]:) X( ]:)
WHAT??? Use your body as a live conductor; current limited by a poky little resistor supplied by the lowest bidder???????? :eek:

Don`t know what the T140 is/was, but if its a standard 2 prongy thingy, with a little cont. button, and lots of lovely glowy leds to tell you summat, then I like `em. Mine`ll tell you how much voltage is between probes, and doesn`t get caught out on "floating" p.d. Use it ALMOST as much as the Fluke 1652 MFT.(More on some fault finds). :x

If it`s not one of them, ignore everything I said. :8}

Fluke T140 - Voltage/Continuity Tester Has any one used or owned one of these before, im intrested in purchasing one or if there are better let me know please thank you
Have you got a picture / spec / price..

I havent got one ....

just curious to see what you are interested in & if I should have a look as well????

I could to a google search .. but I am feeling lazy!! :_| :_|

WHAT??? Use your body as a live conductor; current limited by a poky little resistor supplied by the lowest bidder???????? :eek: Don`t know what the T140 is/was, but if its a standard 2 prongy thingy, with a little cont. button, and lots of lovely glowy leds to tell you summat, then I like `em. Mine`ll tell you how much voltage is between probes, and doesn`t get caught out on "floating" p.d. Use it ALMOST as much as the Fluke 1652 MFT.(More on some fault finds). :x

If it`s not one of them, ignore everything I said. :8}
No, I don't trust the neon myself either but see a lot of people quite happy to use them. Like you, Kme, I wouldn't use myself as part of a test circuit!

Heard a 'story' about one that had got wet and when it was used the mains shorted straight pass the resistor! Don't know what truth is there but it is possible that it could happen!

I have a Fluke Multi in the tool kit and a Fluke T5-1000 for my belt. The current jaw is very handy when trying to find live and dead single cables in trunking. :D

Thankyou Admin2:)

I haven't got a fluke one!

But I do think these two probe checker thingys are good!

Obviously in complement with a voltstick & a suitable multi function meter..

each has its time & place when they are the best kit for the purpose.

The auto range & voltage/continuity selection of these devices is good when you have a junction box or light switch open..

single proble / or double probe use..

most definatley a worth while investment for one of these devices...

(I mean they dont exactly break the bank do they? ?:| )

But whether Fuke or other make... well I cannot comment..

I haven,t seen or got the Fluke:|

In addition to previous post.......

heres my voltage tester...

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll306/SPECIALLOCATION/VOLTAGETESTER.jpg

Ok.... so you spotted it has NICEIC logo on it......

well there is a bit of phsycology going on there....

when my inspector comes out once a year to check me...

If they see one or two items of NICEIC branded kit then they just seem to be more relaxed and helpfull.....

cuz they know you are helping to promote thier jobs in front of joe public when you get your tools and bag out!!! :| :|

Call me sceptical .... but that is what I recon? ?:| ]:) ] :)

oh and by the way my tester has voltage indicators at ....

12v, 24v, 36v, 50v, 120v, 230v, 400v, 690v.

Latest posts