Way of the Aka

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ripped Off MkII

Reaction score
Well looks like my contract might be coming to an end - whats the world coming to when you cant say someones unreliable when he doesnt turn up

Guy doesnt show up. Put out another request and this guy reports me :( . Now looks like I'm out of a job. 11 years as self employed on this job, been a good earner but we dont get a second chance or not very often compared to the staff when anyone gripes

Got my fingers crossed but it aint looking good :_|

HR are pursuing bringing the company into disrepute or on those lines as a means to an end.

Doesnt matter that the guy didnt turn up and what I wrote being true. I didnt criticize his work. But they are out to hang me. :( for stating fact. The guy even admitted that he didnt turn up, but as it was a formal complaint from him they have to act. Act on what thats the $6000000 question. So they are l looking at how to bullet me. Been on the hook for a week now waiting for them to decide

Been in touch with a contract litigation solicitor to look at options. Might not have a job but should, might, hope I get something out of it for loss of income

Being self employed on this job is like walking on egg shells at times

The Don is not happy, how can this be?

Protection of employees should be in the hands of people who know what they are doing.

Human rights are often taken too far (these days), perhaps tipped in favour of the guilty party, until proven otherwise.

Don

i can sympathise with you buddy,

its all a mindfield,

people think that the world owes them a living, even when they dont turn up to earn it.!

get yourself a good lawyer and make them prove that you were wrong.

problem then is that in 2weeks/months/years they will have your ass big time for something back.

sorry. :(

I know a bloke called Dave he worked for a bloke called Conrad (funny name I know) but he knew every little dodgy deal that Conrad made. They hated each other but Conrad couldn't sack Dave cos of what he knew.

Conrad has now gone, and Dave now owns the place.

I know a bloke called Dave he worked for a bloke called Conrad (funny name I know) but he knew every little dodgy deal that Conrad made. They hated each other but Conrad couldn't sack Dave cos of what he knew.Conrad has now gone, and Dave now owns the place.
would agree with the very essence of that,

worked a few places in my time where it always seemed that someone had a hold over the boss for some reason or other.

as they say,

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

ps, Conrad is a really popular/common name in Ireland. :|