Well I never thought it would be that hard!!!! (oops sorry vicar!)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPECIAL LOCATION

Trailer Boy - Electrician.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else tried buying more that one mobile phone in a single transaction????!!!!

e.g.

CUSTOMER: "hello Mr shopkeeper I would like to purchase two or three of that particular mobile handset please....."

SHOP ASSISTANT: Oh sorry I am only allowed to sell one to a single customer on a single transaction!

Me thinks: oh bum.... that's c0cked up my Christmas shopping!!!:( X(

spose that's the trouble when you got three daughters who all want their phones upgraded!!!

had to buy two from one shop... via different cashiers on different tills with different debit cards!! (business & personal accounts! :( )

then bought a third from a different shop..... ! :|

what are naughty people doing with mobile phones thats makes it a requirement to only sell one at a time???

I reckon they should apply the same logic to selling beer to teenagers!

sorry mate you can only have ONE can of beer NOT the four pack!!! ]:) :p :D:D

If he can only do 1 phone per transaction why not pay for the 3 phones in 3 transactions with the same casheer and the same card 1 after another?

They let me do this in Tesco once when I was buying a load of cheap painkillers - only allowed 3 packs per transaction. I bought about 12 as I had a badly sprained ankle I was working on, (was black and blue).

If he can only do 1 phone per transaction why not pay for the 3 phones in 3 transactions with the same casheer and the same card 1 after another?They let me do this in Tesco once when I was buying a load of cheap painkillers - only allowed 3 packs per transaction. I bought about 12 as I had a badly sprained ankle I was working on, (was black and blue).
they said they couldn't do it!!!

the bloke in a certain warehouse that originally started doing car phones..

said their system would pick it up if on the same debit card!!!

If I had the cash on me he could of "fiddled" it ...

but apparently they get a roasting if selling multiples!! :eek: ? :|

if you try ordering on line from Argos... it wont let you increase the quantity!!! :_| :|

makes you feel like a flippin drug dealer!!! X( :_|

Has anyone else tried buying more that one mobile phone in a single transaction????!!!!e.g.

CUSTOMER: "hello Mr shopkeeper I would like to purchase two or three of that particular mobile handset please....."

SHOP ASSISTANT: Oh sorry I am only allowed to sell one to a single customer on a single transaction!

Me thinks: oh bum.... that's c0cked up my Christmas shopping!!!:( X(

spose that's the trouble when you got three daughters who all want their phones upgraded!!!

had to buy two from one shop... via different cashiers on different tills with different debit cards!! (business & personal accounts! :( )

then bought a third from a different shop..... ! :|

what are naughty people doing with mobile phones thats makes it a requirement to only sell one at a time???

I reckon they should apply the same logic to selling beer to teenagers!

sorry mate you can only have ONE can of beer NOT the four pack!!! ]:) :p :D:D
if there is a good reduction in price they normally limit items to one or two per customer.

I bought selection boxes for the children from morrisons petrol station, picked 6 up as they were B.O.G.O.F.F, gets to the till and the guy says i can only let you buy 4, so i paid for 4 on one till and paid for the other on the other till.

Do you think it was more harder for you to buy 3 as you wanted to put them on the card??

maybe if it was cash they might have let you do 3 seperate purchases.

if there is a good reduction in price they normally limit items to one or two per customer.I bought selection boxes for the children from morrisons petrol station, picked 6 up as they were B.O.G.O.F.F, gets to the till and the guy says i can only let you buy 4, so i paid for 4 on one till and paid for the other on the other till.

Do you think it was more harder for you to buy 3 as you wanted to put them on the card??

And you've already said that!!!

God im slow tonite :(

if there is a good reduction in price they normally limit items to one or two per customer.I bought selection boxes for the children from morrisons petrol station, picked 6 up as they were B.O.G.O.F.F, gets to the till and the guy says i can only let you buy 4, so i paid for 4 on one till and paid for the other on the other till.

the guy in C--P----Warehouse said something to do with bad persons buying cheap handset & re-selling them on abroad!???

The moral of this story.....

buy your prezzies early...

& stagger the purchase dates! ]:) :D ; )B-)

Cant wait til my lot are older, i think it'll be so much easier when it comes to buying prezzies for them, more expensive understandably but surely a lot easier?

Cant wait til my lot are older, i think it'll be so much easier when it comes to buying prezzies for them, more expensive understandably but surely a lot easier?
You have twins? Could get tedious having to take a disguise incase you want two identical MP3 players ;)

I believe you will be sadly mistaken with that assumption Ad2...

Our lot are... 11,14,17,18,21.

Prezzies??????

still as difficult to suss out what they want - vs- what you can afford! :eek: :|Blushing

I believe you will be sadly mistaken with that assumption Ad2...Our lot are... 11,14,17,18,21.

Prezzies??????

still as difficult to suss out what they want - vs- what you can afford! :eek: :|Blushing
Yeah but surely its gotta be easier, i mean when i was 13+ id have something like a mobile fone a few cd's, clothes and smellies. Buying for these lot at the moment is doing my nut in.

Dr who, Scooby doo, Bratz, Dora, Thomas.

Nope, all singles.
ah.. thats good! :D

at least it means you got one more night of wild passion to produce your offspring........

Its the one area where I prefer not to get Two for the price of one!! :eek: :^O:^O:^O:^O:^OB-)

At least I know me & Mrs Special did it right "5" times! :p :pBlushingBlushing:D

]:)Guiness Drink

Yeah but surely its gotta be easier, i mean when i was 13+ id have something like a mobile fone a few cd's, clothes and smellies. Buying for these lot at the moment is doing my nut in.Dr who, Scooby doo, Bratz, Dora, Thomas.
:D :D:D

I can lend you the T-shirt........

Beentheredonethatgotthe! ;) ]:) ] :)

when our eldest was around 8 or 9...

we had the flippin trying to get hold of Thunderbirds & Tracey island fiasco!

we've also been through the Gold dust Telly-tubby soft toys.....

not to mention...

Buzz - ruddy I cant be found - Lightyear!!!X( X( :_|

ah.. thats good! :D at least it means you got one more night of wild passion to produce your offspring........

Its the one area where I prefer not to get Two for the price of one!! :eek: :^O:^O:^O:^O:^OB-)

At least I know me & Mrs Special did it right "5" times! :p :pBlushingBlushing:D

]:)Guiness Drink
All you know for certian is Mrs Location did it right 5 times ;)