What Scared You ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In tonights "Endeavour" episode I was reminded of something that worried me as a child .   Which made me think of the stuff people  let their children watch these days .  Working at a house once and their 9 yr old said " Keep the door shut or the Zombies will get in"    and he meant it ,  parents just laughed.

Theres a film that has been re-made a few times I believe,  you may have seen the first re-make called "Magic" with the excellent Anthony Hopkins as a ventriloquist whose mind becomes split between him and the dummy ,  I won't give the story away.

I saw the original  (Made in 1945)  B&W on TV as a child and have disliked those typical grinning little bastards  ever since .    

What scared you ?  Not The Daleks surely?

The badger from Rupert the bear,

Couldn't ever watch it when I was small,

I have no idea who he was or any other characters, never watched it at all I was so scared,

The child catcher. I still haven't watched all of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang to this day.

When i was about four I lived in southend. They were building a new dual carriageway thingy out the back of my house. Along one side they were digging a deep triangular drainage ditch thing about 7 feet deep. [still there now] I was standing there watching the digging procedure, when the man operating the large excavator decided to take a deliberate swing at me with the bucket, stopping about a foot away from me. Had nightmares for about ten years......

john...

Workmen are buggers remember probably would have been about 5, British gas man servicing gas fire at home I was watching he sticks his tongue out not very friendly. 

Those workmen were pratts  .   A small thing can have an impression on kids . JCB man swinging the bucket towards a child ...bloody stupid TossPot .

Theres also merely the suggestion of something that can scare people .     In the 60's  the shower scene in Psycho  was scaring people before they'd seen it .

My youngest Daughter ( the Teacher) was scared of the bogeyman and was convinced he would appear in the dead of night and steal the snot from up her nose!.......this is the scenario she formulated and was nowt to do with us!

As a result of a near fatal car crash she was, and still is, afraid of sudden noises.....this meant she would not sleep

NEar the patio door in her bedroom in case the "patio door monster" banged on the window

She gets married in August and all will come out in Daddy's speech!

We used to have badgers living under our house when I was little and they used to scare the hell out of me. So if I was at my grandparents house across the farm and had to go home in the dark I would fill my wellies with pinecones because I'd heard that badgers would bite until they could hear bone crunch, and then run home as fast as I could.

Hi All,

Was more than a JCB, was a full blown excavator, nearly killed me with the thing, i mean, stopped the bucket about a foot or so from me.

Another time i was walking along the path of this road, [still just bare earth] some distance from backs of the houses, when some idiot [in a laughing group of others] shot me in the head just above the ear, with, what i presume was an air rifle [range about 100 yards]. Felt like being hit with a hammer...

john...

As a nipper it was the cyber men on Doctor Who that scared the living daylights out of me.

Hard bastards. Worse than speed bumps.
Is that you who has been running them over by the Coach & Horses ....................... three in the road today.

forget "what scares you"

Wasn't that a pathetic ending to the series?  I take it that was the last episode of this series. How long do we have to wait for the next series to see the outcome?

forget "what scares you"

Wasn't that a pathetic ending to the series?  I take it that was the last episode of this series. How long do we have to wait for the next series to see the outcome?
WTF are youy on about Dave??????

Not guilty. I try to avoid running them over, my car would be worse off than the badger :)
my missus finding out why I keep needing cold showers now SSS has changed her avatar picture,  :|

My youngest Daughter ( the Teacher) was scared of the bogeyman and was convinced he would appear in the dead of night and steal the snot from up her nose!.......this is the scenario she formulated and was nowt to do with us!

As a result of a near fatal car crash she was, and still is, afraid of sudden noises.....this meant she would not sleep

NEar the patio door in her bedroom in case the "patio door monster" banged on the window

She gets married in August and all will come out in Daddy's speech!
Ahhh   Don't embarrass her Kerch ...............and don't give me that she made up the Snot Stealer ...thats straight out of the Kerching Song Book .

Hi All,

Was more than a JCB, was a full blown excavator, nearly killed me with the thing, i mean, stopped the bucket about a foot or so from me.

Another time i was walking along the path of this road, [still just bare earth] some distance from backs of the houses, when some idiot [in a laughing group of others] shot me in the head just above the ear, with, what i presume was an air rifle [range about 100 yards]. Felt like being hit with a hammer...

john...
Ever think someone's trying to get rid of you Apprentii .

What the hell is PD  on about ?    Some Scottish TV serial ....Monarch of the Glen  or summat ??