What Scared You ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect PD is on about the series "Endeavour" (the young Morse).

my missus finding out why I keep needing cold showers now SSS has changed her avatar picture,  :|
:slap

What the hell is PD  on about ?    Some Scottish TV serial ....Monarch of the Glen  or summat ??
you are all discussing "what scares you"

I just pointed out that my overriding thought from watching this episode of Endevour, was what a carp ending, and no hint even of when we will get to see the next series to see how it unravels.

Don't spoil it Dave I've not watched it yet........................................

If you want to see a good police suspense/thriller watch "The Tunnel", watched all episodes last week & thought it was brilliant.

My youngest also thought chickens had 4 legs, that is why there are 4 drumsticks in a packet. Thought being called a haemorrhoid by her teacher was a good thing. Thought a carpenter fitted carpets.....the list is almost endless

Just saying
Love it !! 

My mate's son thought the funeral service went     " ............ in the name of the Father , the Son , and in the hole he goes"

you are all discussing "what scares you"

I just pointed out that my overriding thought from watching this episode of Endevour, was what a carp ending, and no hint even of when we will get to see the next series to see how it unravels.
Oh   I'd forgotten I started the thread with "Endeavour" .

I must admit I've started to enjoy "Endeavour "  but yes it was a carp ending , a bit OTT really .  

You know what I think Dave ,  he won't be hanged for murder or anything ....he'll probably go on to be a Chief Inspector ,  remain  working in Oxford , probably won't marry , increase his alcohol  intake, buy a Mk2  Jaguar  and have a sergeant named ..er.. oh ..I dunno ...Lewis or something  and together they'll solve lots of crimes.
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png
  ;)  

Edit :  I thought it was a nice touch in one episode when he glanced into the rear view mirror and John Thaw's eyes looked back . 

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't immediately think of any really scary thing....

But as a little un occasionally we would go over to Stourport-on-Severn...

there was, (and still is), a cheap tacky amusement arcade, Bumper-cars & tall slide close to the rivers edge...

and a cast iron open spiral staircase footpath from the road down to another path by the side of the river...

A few of these used to give my the craps thinking I would end up in the river...

Dekerington (AKA Spark Of the Year).. may have been over as its not far from him either...

Pictures help so here goes..

exhibit A.

STOURPORT.JPG

Green dot= Swing footbridge, (used to be narrower)... 

Red dot= High slide..  side nearest the river was the poo your pants side...

Blue dot= Bumper Cars..  Don't crash cars on the side near the water as you may shoot over the barrier into the dock!

Yellow dot= Open cast iron spiral staircase...  look down through the stair tread and see the river just to the side....

or from a different angle..

exhibit B..

STOURPORT2.JPG

it must have been some subconscious fear of falling in the river....

but when you are little the river always looked MASSIVE and the gaps you could fall though seemed guaranteed to catch you out!!! 

Been to Stourport a few times Specs but  not seen the amusment park TBH. 

Scarey moment at a place you will know Specs ,  Round Oak  Steel Works .  I  used to work for a Stourbridge Contractors ( Mostly in B,ham & Yam-Yam Land but sometimes in Stourbridge.   Boss was showing me the route for a big SWA   and I was to look after a cable gang to pull it in .  So we climb up to the very top gantry walkway, 1000 miles up in air , red hot steel spewing all over the place below and people the size of ants .

Then the gaffer hops through the handrail and WALKS across a girder about 2ft wide  into the middle of nowhere to show me where to overlap the cables and he will come and joint it .    I climb out after him and freeze . :eek: . " I can't do it Jeff"  and dived back to the comparative safety of the walkway gripping the girder like a vice .     Boss walks back across the girder nonchalantly  , says "Ooh Sorry  I forget not everyone likes heights"

I'm alright at most heights but that was beyond the pail TBH .       :C

My first ahem shock as an apprentice

Last edited by a moderator:
Putting a shower back together. As I clipped the top in my thumb was on the circuit board.......just as the see you next tuesday I was working with flicked the breaker on

Latest posts