what tester to get...???.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt.leung

Reaction score
Hi, I am about to buy a new multifunctional tester and not sure which brand and model to get.... can anyone help me out here... what are the good and bad points....

many thanks

matt

I like my Kewtech KT64

however had I not got a good deal I was thinking about the Megger first

Try and get your hands on the models first if you can

make sure you shop around aswell.there is a massive difference, even between wholesalers within walking distance of each other.
I would possibly think most important thing is after sales service rather than cost. If you are spending

I like my Kewtech KT64however had I not got a good deal I was thinking about the Megger first

Try and get your hands on the models first if you can
Good advice but totally not relavant to MFT's :)

MFT 1553 - Its never tripped an rcd yet on EFLI like some other makes do and comes with bluetooth if you want to use a PDA or Smart phone. Got one new off fleebay for

A recent poll Megger came out on top but we had poor levels of participationhttp://www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2949

There are many Fluke advocates on here
the proof is there, right in front of you, that most people prefer megger. dont blame 'poor levels of participation', because if there was more votes, the result would most likely still be megger in the lead

the proof is there, right in front of you, that most people prefer megger. dont blame 'poor levels of participation', because if there was more votes, the result would most likely still be megger in the lead
0.8% of members voted. Hardly fair. ;)

The simple fact is both do the job, both decent makes etc.

You can start a 'what brand of powertool' debate but the simple answer is if you go for a main brand (not a cheap one) you'll get something decent that can be fixed and is supported.

The shear dogmatism (word of the day?) related to MFT's astounds me.

Is it because you wear it around your neck and feel close to it?

I do think 'Megger' is a great name in terms of psychology ;)

0.8% of members voted. Hardly fair. ;) The simple fact is both do the job, both decent makes etc.

You can start a 'what brand of powertool' debate but the simple answer is if you go for a main brand (not a cheap one) you'll get something decent that can be fixed and is supported.

The shear dogmatism (word of the day?) related to MFT's astounds me.

Is it because you wear it around your neck and feel close to it?

I do think 'Megger' is a great name in terms of psychology ;)
but still, from the people who did vote, megger won.

either way, i have used both kits in the past. both do work and get the job done. both have advantages over the other. its mostly personal preference for which one you go with

0.8% of members voted. Hardly fair. ;)
Yes, but 95% of members have never logged in again after their first day so the numbers are irrelevant.

Those who care, voted. Those who don't, didnt. ;)

Yes, but 95% of members have never logged in again after their first day so the numbers are irrelevant.Those who care, voted. Those who don't, didnt. ;)
Yes spring? mr crocus? SC?

I see you may have voted for the Megger. There is something unhealthy about some people's obsession.

Not sure I believe 95% never come back!

Yes spring? mr crocus? SC?I see you may have voted for the Megger. There is something unhealthy about some people's obsession.

Not sure I believe 95% never come back!
26% have posted atleast once

Just checking if you were still awake, mate. :D

No, actually I didn't vote (or don't remember doing so) but a quick browse through the member list does show a lot of members who joined and last signed in on the same day.

95% was a guess :D :D but don't know how to tailor a search for the right answer.

Fancy doing some research? ]:) ] :) :D :D

Just checking if you were still awake, mate. :D No, actually I didn't vote (or don't remember doing so) but a quick browse through the member list does show a lot of members who joined and last signed in on the same day.

95% was a guess :D :D but don't know how to tailor a search for the right answer.

Fancy doing some research? ]:) ] :) :D :D
I have! 10 random pages counting the number of people who never came back! 30 entries on a page average of 11 people per page that never came back!

~1/3 or 33%. Highest I had on 1 page was 21 :D

(you did vote on the poll BTW :p )

I have! 10 random pages counting the number of people who never came back! 30 entries on a page average of 11 people per page that never came back!~1/3 or 33%. Highest I had on 1 page was 21 :D

(you did vote on the poll BTW :p )
Good enough for me. Applaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

Now, what the heck did I vote for? Was it megger or fluke? My fluke tends to trigger RCD's on loop tests and the batteries keep falling out of the daughters' megger (well, mine actually but she uses it more than me) - hate both of them.

Anyway, good to see you're still alert. :^O :^O

Good enough for me. Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyNow, what the heck did I vote for? Was it megger or fluke? My fluke tends to trigger RCD's on loop tests and the batteries keep falling out of the daughters' megger (well, mine actually but she uses it more than me) - hate both of them.

Anyway, good to see you're still alert. :^O :^O
you voted Megger

Untitled.jpg

you hate your daughter?