What to do now?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samage89

Reaction score
Well after finishing my Level 3 2330 after 3 years I found little to no guidance after college for what I should be looking for, as I'm 'part' qualified, I'm just sending my CV's off to electrical companies with a cover letter explaining that I've done 3 years, drivers licence and what I'm doing with myself to keep the information fresh in my mind.

We've not been told what other courses we could potentially take, anything that we can do to help us, Essentially left in the dark.

I'm just after advice really as what to do next, what type of jobs I can apply for, what courses I can do now etc. hopefully it wont just help me.

things I'm doing at the minute.

- Sending CV off looking for a "job" rather than an apprenteship as I've already got my level 3.

- Registering my interest in taking 17th Edition intensive course

I think in general, if I collated enough info and help I could create a post to benefit not just me in the future, as I'm sure other people are just as puzzled as I am after finishing.

Thanks for any input,

Sam

just to let u know mate, it is hard out there... get ur 17th, that is a must... are u looking to do any domestic work, if so get ur part p status..

just to let u know mate, it is hard out there... get ur 17th, that is a must... are u looking to do any domestic work, if so get ur part p status..
Aye, I've been told a few times how hard it can be.

I'm going to ring my college and get on the 10 week course tommorow, I wouldn't mind Domestic, I can start doing that pretty easily as I've got a relative who does Electrical work and has his testing and inspection etc, but my main motivation is getting into Commericial/Industrial.

I've been told by people to start my 2391 and by others to not do it, it's getting very confusing and I'm finding the lack of help out there really frustrating, especially after college.

2391 is aimed more at those who already have experience and do a lot of I&T. your probably best waiting a few years at least since there will be a good chance you'll fail it now

Just started my 17th edition today, 6-9 one day a week for 10 weeks so not too bad, my only error is the college were pretty much not that helpful in the fact I turned up with the Red regs book only to see everyone had the new Green version, Green book ordered /money.

Hopefully this is another hole in the belt for my cv!