Whats in the loft ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I once found a very nice solid silver tea service & cutlery set, wrapped up in the disused water tank in a loft. The couple in there mid 80's were delighted when i showed them. The old guy had hidden it there over 30 years earlier after they had other stuff stolen in a burglary and forgoten about it. The son told me they were going to sell it, it was worth a lot more than the cost of my rewire and they gave me a

good job they didn't move.........
If they had i may have been tempted to have it for myself :eek: .

A good few years ago i was fitting an intruder alarm for a regular client, a developer who had just bought this house to do up and sell on. I found lumps under the loft insulation right in the far corner of the eves where i was bringing up the cable for the bell box. These lumps turned out to be a Victorian wash set, covered in years of grime, which i sold for a nice few quid Guiness Drink

Years ago i was called to a block of flats which had shared roof spaces.

opened the loft hatch,,, :eek:

someone was sleeping up there,,,kettle tv the works

another time,,, understairs cupboard in some flats opened the door to find a 16 year old girl in a sleeping bag !!!!!!

Years ago i was called to a block of flats which had shared roof spaces.opened the loft hatch,,, :eek:

someone was sleeping up there,,,kettle tv the works

another time,,, understairs cupboard in some flats opened the door to find a 16 year old girl in a sleeping bag !!!!!!
In leu of payment?

i jumped 10 foot up in the air,,,it was a winters night

she jumped aswell but had nowhere to jump to :^O :^O

I once found an old flintlock gun wrapped in sacking, my brother shouted at the top of his voice to the new owner look at this .

The guy got five hundred for it , i got nothing and my brother got a swift kick and no bonus from me. :^O

One of my pals is a kitchen fitter and once he was changing a kitchen, the pulled on of the units out to find 2grand stuffed down the back, he pocketed it. The dogey swine and paid for a holiday with it.

i ripped my kitchen out when i moved in and all i found was a popadum

just thought i would mention it while on the subject of kitchens

i jumped 10 foot up in the air,,,it was a winters nightshe jumped aswell but had nowhere to jump to :^O :^O
So you both had a jump in the attic? :eek:

I applaud the honesty of the mate of Betty Swollacks, typical though , that the daughter turned on him , could have been nasty.

Its given me an idea for a new thread though !!!

Deke