What's PME?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P&Q

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I have a voicmail, where a client asks me if i can do a PME job for them, I was just trying to find out what it is before i call the client back.

Thanks,

Protective Multiple Earthing - Done by the DNO isn't it? :)

Many thanks Admin. Could the Protective Multiple Earthing (PME) be done by a spark? or is it a job for the DNO?

Thanks, I spoke to my client, and she called the DNO they said that this is a job for the electrician, now I was wondering if you had any suggestions as to what i can do now, have you had any experience in this?

Thanks, I spoke to my client, and she called the DNO they said that this is a job for the electrician, now I was wondering if you had any suggestions as to what i can do now, have you had any experience in this?
I'm affraid - I can't help you there - I am still learning the trade. :(

The experienced guys will be on soon. (there are a few on here now actually).

:)

This post obviously follows from the other thread, yesterday - r.e. the clamp on the DNO`s lead-sheath cable.

IF you don`t know what something means, just ask. Much better than faffing around!

However, I would also say that, if you are unaware of PME, what qualifications do you have to be a sparx? This is pretty basic stuff, which I would have expected a self- employed ( or ANY) spark, to know!!!

I agree with kME...I've only recently qualified myself and know that I've got OODLES to learn, but even I knew what PME was! :eek:

Hi Folks,I have a voicmail, where a client asks me if i can do a PME job for them, I was just trying to find out what it is before i call the client back.

Thanks,
Hello P&Q I would concur with KME's earlier comments also

just to add...

Have you tried page 28 of the big red book (Part 2 definitions)..?

Or

Chapter 54 Earthing arrangements & protective conductors..

page 126 onwards... ?

May be useful to have a read up? ;) :)

Hope that helps a bit...

one other thought..

Remember the stupid person is the one who doesn't ask any questions..

NOT the one who asks and learns from their asking! ;) :) :)

If I haven't already said it Welcome.. :D

Hello P&Q I would concur with KME's earlier comments alsojust to add...

Have you tried page 28 of the big red book (Part 2 definitions)..?

Or

Chapter 54 Earthing arrangements & protective conductors..

page 126 onwards... ?

May be useful to have a read up? ;) :)

Hope that helps a bit...

one other thought..

Remember the stupid person is the one who doesn't ask any questions..

NOT the one who asks and learns from their asking! ;) :) :)

If I haven't already said it Welcome.. :D
Thanks M8.

That's one of the reasons that we are here - What may seem so obvious on normal occasions may plant a seed of doubt in that person's mind in the "Real World".

I have seen Sparks that have qualified "Years Ago" ask questions with obvious answers. (Not on this forum).

Thanks, I spoke to my client, and she called the DNO they said that this is a job for the electrician
The chump your client spoke to is talking shyte!

Only the DNO can PME an incomming service, it's got nothing to do with the installation further downstream bar making sure that the Zs complies for that earthing system.

Could be that the DNO have already put in the PME terminal and what the DNO are actually saying is that the client needs a spark to connect the installation to it, 'cos the DNO won't do that bit. It's not clear from the posts what this situation is. Best get round there for a look - get some photo's to post up too, it'll help us to help you.

Do you mean the 'new sparky, need help' thread? There's nothing in either thread to say that both threads are about the same installation!!!

If they are, then the client needs the DNO out to install a PME terminal, sparks can't do it. If not, then perhaps the OP could clarify.

Only the DNO can PME an incomming service, it's got nothing to do with the installation further downstream bar making sure that the Zs complies for that earthing system.

Sure i will,

Thanks sinewave