Which application form needed with Western Power and battery storage.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carptench

Reaction score
Looking to install a 12kw Solar array with approximately 13.kwh of battery storage. (Probably Plylontech)
Had a few MCS companies quote for the installation and the prices quoted are too much. I can buy the same equipment and have it installed by a NEIC contractor for half the price. But obviously I will loose the potential SEG payments.

Does anyone know which application form needs to used for a system of this size? The G99 A1-2 doesn't fit with this (Power Generating Modules (including Electricity Storage devices) is between 16 A and 32 A per phase;)
Form G99 A1-1 allows for 17kw single phase but doesn't mention battery storage??
The only other options seems to be the standard G99. Which is a 50 page application and doesn't seem right either as all the pre-filled data refers to MW not KW.

I am also confused why having battery storage would need to be included on a application. When any stored energy from the the solar would be used in our property not fed back into the grid. If anyone could educate me on this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
M

G100 is what you need.

Batteries can be run as a separate item with their own AC connection. So could be exporting at the same time as the solar. I would fit a hybrid inverter, with export limitation to avoid complications.

Thanks Binky for your reply.
I will have a look into the G100.
What application would need to be made G99 A1-1 or G99 A1-2? Very confusing:confused:

G99 is for systems under 3.6kw or 16amps. You aren't going to manage that with 12kw of panels 😄. It varies a bit depending on your DNO, and it's fair to say I haven't done much solar since the government trashed it all a few years ago so I might be wrong. In theory the information should be on your DNO website, but I would phone and ask if in doubt. You will also need to make the application before installation on that size of system.