Which bits of Honeywell heating controls are 24v?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinJ

Reaction score
Hi, I'm super-confused. My new ST9400C controller, V4043H zone valves and T6360B1028 room thermostat were all purchased as 24v items (eg see https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003CSGRIQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). But now that I've got the wiring diagrams it seems they all need to be wired to a 240v main supply. Nothing in the instructions makes any mention of 24v. What's going on here?

Also, I currently drive the old (malfunctioning) zone valves that I'm replacing with an old ST7100 (230v) controller. Could I drive the new V4043H valves with the old ST7100 controller?

that's the problem with getting stuff of the internet, you are at the mercy of the guy posting the add,
they do look like 230V equipment I checked the valve and controller and room stat looks like they missed the "0" off the end of the 240V (its 230V now)
where do you think the 24V supply was coming from?, they should work if the old unit was 230V, but the ST7100 is old, and I cant find an Data sheet for it

Spot on poni s. I got confirmation from an excellent Honeywell UK helpline on 0300 130 1299. They also confirmed that the new valves would work fine with my ancient ST7100.

I drained the system down yesterday and fitted the valves. Everything tickety boo today!

Now it's onward to Amazon to return the "24v" controller, tank stat and room stat that I was scammed into buying. Thumbs up to them too as they accepted the (free) return without a quibble. My only gripe is that I could find no way of getting the website's info changed.

Happy days! Many thanks poni.

Latest posts