Which tester???

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi all

we use a Metrel PATester, and have been looking to replace our Robin

testers with a three in one tester,The Metrel was on the list of ones

to look at,so can anyone tell me what are the problems you have

actually experienced with these testers .

cheers

Hello jus306

1 have one of the old robin loop testers with d lok on not supposed to trip rcd's. They do trip electronic rcbo's so I would check that the multifunction tester does not trip rcb'o's as you will find this very annoying.

batty

hi allwe use a Metrel PATester, and have been looking to replace our Robin

testers with a three in one tester,The Metrel was on the list of ones

to look at,so can anyone tell me what are the problems you have

actually experienced with these testers .

cheers
`Allo m8.

My prime gripe has always been the "4 pin plug" interface for the test leads! ]:)

I like to be allowed to plug my individual lead in however I need them to be configured for a particular test. B)

Case in point is the R1Rn on a ring. Last time I was stuck with a flippin` metrel, I had to waste half an hour making up an adaptor to do this test, as the system doesn`t want you to do it! :eek:

They may have changed it by now - I don`t know. That was my prime experience with them; and they p155ed me right off.:(X( X(

`Allo m8.My prime gripe has always been the "4 pin plug" interface for the test leads! ]:)

I like to be allowed to plug my individual lead in however I need them to be configured for a particular test. B)

Case in point is the R1Rn on a ring. Last time I was stuck with a flippin` metrel, I had to waste half an hour making up an adaptor to do this test, as the system doesn`t want you to do it! :eek:

They may have changed it by now - I don`t know. That was my prime experience with them; and they p155ed me right off.:(X( X(
seaward been like that forever,

its down to harmonisation I do believe,

most EC(?) testers are this way, it will soon become the norm like a kettle(IEC) plug.

dont know much about PAT testers,

but on the whole value for money wise METREL seems good, depending on your usage of course.

;)

Hello jus3061 have one of the old robin loop testers with d lok on not supposed to trip rcd's. They do trip electronic rcbo's so I would check that the multifunction tester does not trip rcb'o's as you will find this very annoying.

batty

evenin all!

I am not used to the set up on this forum yet so thats why I have just

posted a reply with nothing from me ! I DONT BELIEVE IT !

what I meant to say was ,thanks for the response,I am seeking to try out

an ALPHATEC and a DI LOG next week to see how much they confuse me ,they are both supposed not to triprcd/rcbo,s when doing a ZS test, if they do not suit me then I will stick with my robin for a while with its anti-trip

bridging loops.(lol)

evenin all!I am not used to the set up on this forum yet so thats why I have just

:eek: :O:O:|

You should have snuk back onto your post and selected the "EDIT" option...

Add the bits you forgot...

then we'd all of been been non the wiser!? ; \ ]:)

Mind you.....

Tis more enjoyable the way you have done it!! :D :) :^O :^O:^O:^O:p:p

Make's KME's posts all look hyper-intelligent!!! :p :p;\ :x :eek::) :) :)

You're obviously too honest to your own mistakes m8! ;) :)

evenin all!I am not used to the set up on this forum yet so thats why I have just

Actually your post did have a "winky" face!

so its wasn't all wasted;) ;) ; ) ;) ; ) ;) ; ) ;) ; )

Don't think you can actually post a message of nothing??

Im sure I got "Your message is too short" come up before now....

Think I had let everything as a quote? which it don't seem to like?

But I am sure Admin OR Admin2 could verify if I am talking in a less intelligible fashion than the Clangers talking to the Soup Dragon?

?:| :p :p

I wasn't even born then. :(

(Yes I know you didn't say me. :) )

Ditto! :D :DYou been syphoning my tank? ?:|

That gauge looks quite full to me? X( :|

and....

Does Mrs WW know you've been spending the housekeeping filling up again? :eek: :^O:^O:^O
shame his wallet doesnt look full though :^O :^O:^O:^O