Which tester???

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jus306

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone recommend a decent 17th edn tester for someone on a tight budget?????, I know Fluke and Megger are prob the best, but a little too expensive, any ideas cheers

Welcome to the forum...

...How much are you looking to spend?

Di-log seem to be doing a good package, and made in UK too. As far as Megger goes, my 3 year old tester seems to have developed an irritating fault with the selection switch whereby it is difficult to set it on the right test. It also seems to give high readings if testing Zs using 3 probe leads (non-RCD trip), whereas the plug in test lead is fine.

Welcome to the forum......How much are you looking to spend?
Hi thanks, looking at the other replies I have received I think the Kewtech KT62 is the way to go. So around

You will never get a definative answer when it comes to "Multi-Testers" - Myself, I quite like the Fluke 1652. :)

Metrel? Never bloody heard of them........................ No I am of course telling porkies, but I do agree with KME, if someone gave me one to work with it would be put in file 13.

Metrel? Never bloody heard of them........................ No I am of course telling porkies, but I do agree with KME, if someone gave me one to work with it would be put in file 13.
I assume, my friend, that file 13 is the one kept in area 51? :eek:

Or is file 13 the "round" one? :|

No, NOT the "round window"!! Playschool lovers will be off now; with Admin waxing lyrical about Jemima, and SL on his crush for Hamble:^O:^O:^O

Nowt wrong with Kewtech. There are good old 'Robin' testers after all. :)
as are fluke, part of the same concern AFAIK.

I use a fluke myself,

but to be perfectly honest I find absolutely nowt wrong with the metrel either.

stay away from megger, overpriced and overhyped piece of tat.!

From what I recall Steps, Fluke took over Robin and started to stop producing Robin's testers.

Kewtech, I think, are the old management who have bought the rights to the old Robin designs and are now selling them again.

My understanding is that Mr. Sworld is, as usual, spot on the money.(not too sure about the grammatical correctness of "started to stop"?????)though:)
:^O

One tasty beverage too many! I meant 'stopping to start'.

:p

You got it Martyn, the round one thats sits in the corner of my workshop, usually full of empty tinnies and or fag butts.