Who needs a van?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetheglitz

Electrician
Reaction score
Just started out on my own so had to give up the works van - Renault Traffic - deep mourning! So now I'm working out of a Renault Megane - picked up really cheaply!

I've been shocked - by the time I'd taken a couple of seats out of the Megane I've actually got a far more useable space than I had before. In the van I needed to keep a central walkway so I could get at all of the bits and pieces. Now my walkway is the road. I can open doors and get at everything I need without bending down and stretching. I've replaced by racking with a set of suitcases from Lidl at under

Just started out on my own so had to give up the works van - Renault Traffic - deep mourning! So now I'm working out of a Renault Megane - picked up really cheaply! I've been shocked - by the time I'd taken a couple of seats out of the Megane I've actually got a far more useable space than I had before. In the van I needed to keep a central walkway so I could get at all of the bits and pieces. Now my walkway is the road. I can open doors and get at everything I need without bending down and stretching. I've replaced by racking with a set of suitcases from Lidl at under

I have used both in the past, but have a van at the moment. the good thing with the van is the local lowlifes cant see whats in it at night, as its got solid back doors and a cage at the front, but also vans are more of a target for thieves so both have their advantages and disadvantages.A friend of mine who is a chippy had all his power tools taken from his estate car when parked on his drive overnight.

care to enlighten,Im curious.....
I'm a real cheapskate when it comes to storage - and this was a bit of a bargain. It's basic travel luggage - 3 suitcases on wheels which fit inside each other like Russian dolls! Half price at

You could always get a trailer :D
But there is only one "Trailer Boy" on here.

And one one "Horse and Cart Boy" on here too. :p