Who wants to make some cash?..

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think you would have to buy hundreds if not thousands at a time to make a profit

bob

um yellow cable for 230v on a site???

hang on!

230v ON A SITE?!

<edit> just realised they dont mean building site! Blushing

still wouldnt go for yellow with 230v though!

its good thinking though, could be a nice way to make some cash. if you can get the parts cheap enough!

um yellow cable for 230v on a site???hang on!

230v ON A SITE?!

<edit> just realised they dont mean building site! Blushing

still wouldnt go for yellow with 230v though!
doesnt 7671 say hook up leads must be 25mtr, 2.5 cable and orange?

tbh im not sure but yellow to me is 110v and 110v only. :)
the connectors are colour coded to voltage, but i dont think there is anything about what colour the flex must be. all of my 110v extensions are yellow, but i have all different colour 230v

the connectors are colour coded to voltage, but i dont think there is anything about what colour the flex must be. all of my 110v extensions are yellow, but i have all different colour 230v
are any of them yellow?

fair enough i stand corrected, i always thought with 110v it was the cable as well as the plug that needed to be yellow.

fair enough i stand corrected, i always thought with 110v it was the cable as well as the plug that needed to be yellow.
just the connector that needs colour coded. the flex colour is probably recommended

as just to show how stupid some H&S people are, they think anything with a 4343 plug is 110v - so on a job a while back, they moaned because someone was using a 230v drill, and used my '110v' 230v drill as example!