Why is my inverter doing this?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was talking to another solar installer yesterday , he said something about growatt amp clamps not being very good, do you have a clamp or a meter type gadget to control the battery?

I was talking to another solar installer yesterday , he said something about growatt amp clamps not being very good, do you have a clamp or a meter type gadget to control the battery?
No clamps to control the battery, the inverter knows on board the current in/out of the battery and the cell balance etc. The clamps around the mains cables are absolutely fine, nice over centre lock, well made and compact. 2 clamps on my system, one on the meter tails and one on the L to/from the inverter.

I've just had a Growatt SPH3600 inverter w/batteries installed and have identical settings but haven't experienced this. I thought it worth mentioning that the online dashboard ShineServer (https://server.growatt.com) is quite useful. It does show a bit more info such as the operating mode (Mine is in load first mode) and also exportable graphs. One brief incident yesterday when it used grid to boil the kettle for about 20 secs but it probably just didn't respond quick enough. Have attached graph of what was a pretty cloudy day yesterday.

View attachment 13708
Hi. What does your MPPT voltage trends look like on 1&2? Mine are different - one fluctuates around 130-140v, the other is maxed out at 150v. Not sure why but the 150v string produces less power. Any help appreciated.

Latest posts