Wifi into office/man cave

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might not be designed for it, but certainly can be used. I'm sure a company in Scotland used to offer Broadband connection of the mains incomer. I feel sure the network operators also send a lot of data over the power lines.
I think 'used to' are the operative words.

You have prob sorted it by now! I have devolo magic in my garden office which is 75 metres from my house. My WiFi is better there than the rest of my property!!! Plus you can mesh with your existing router so seamless connection

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Bryanh- I use the ubiquiti myself and have always been fantastic, just for some reason they just don't want to penatrate the MC.
David R Connell - which one do you currently use?
Cheers

TP-Link TL-PA9020PKIT 2-Port Gigabit Passthrough Powerline​

I needed wifi in my outbuilding as we use it for airbnb. too far for wifi from main house and not practical getting a cable inside. I fitted and enclosure to the outside of the building where there was a supply and fitted a plug in TP link adaptor with built in antenna, ran a cat5e from the main router and set up a separate account and username etc and works a treat. Guests can use the wifi, log on to netflix etc inside the building no problem. If this is not practical then as others have said ethernet over mains adaptors caan be useful.

Our neighbours are quite close to us and we have never ever over 10 years had a single winge from them.
That means nothing. They may just think they are in a poor reception area. Or not know what the problem is. Did you read all the links I posted in post 21.

Nobody gets on my network/broadband without me knowing I have a very good network monitor App.
I think you are being delusional,
I have a programme on my laptop that could probably crack your WiFi in less than an hour, ( I have an old crap laptop ) and when it logs on it simply clones itself as an existing device on the network that is not currently active.
So you would never see it, better still, it can look at the screen on your devices, and instead of * when you type in a password, it shows the actual character.
Have a look at Kali Linux , or BackBox

Latest posts