Windows 11

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NO...  

My Laptop says a message "This PC doesn't currently meet all the system requirements for Windows 11"..

And..

My desktop says "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes".. 

So, I have not actually been given the opportunity to update to Win 11.

Guinness :C  

New Windows iterations are usually garbage for a while after launch. Remember how everyone hated Windows 10 when it released but like it for the most part now? It's probably best to wait a few months before upgrading. I don't think I will at all personally. Don't like the look of the UI. Looks like a bootleg Mac OS imo.

Win 11 requires some hardware that is not on older pc's, so i guess those will never be able to update, so you will be "stuck" on W10 and eventually it will become "unsupported".  That does not mean it will stop working (hell XP even still works and only last year I did a new install of XP)

All it would mean for me is if buying a new PC now, I would ensure it had the hardware to support W11, but I would be in no rush so start with it on W11.

I'n sure I heard something on the radio about a windows 11 version designed to be compatible with older laptops and PCs, the idea being these older computers could be exported to third world countries and still be used.

My motherboard and chipset is not compatible although it is a good gaming system, just looked at upgrading the board and chipset and there's nothing available in my price range due to the chipset shortage. Looks like a lot of people are upgrading at the minute, someone somewhere is rubbing their hands...

I recently replaced my desktop came with windows 10. Get Windows pop ups inviting me to upgrade to 11. My friend with an IT business has told me to hold off for time being as there are too many bugs yet to be sorted.

Latest posts