Windows 7 Terminal Emulation Software

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
HI all,

Does anyone use a terminal emulation software like Windows 3 Terminal, or Windows HyperTerminal under Windows 7?

If so, what do you use please?

Looking to do a job on a machine that I need to do a serial download/upload via RS232, and the files are now on a Windows 7 Machine, and I may need to use clients machine, and they only now have Windows 7 on site.

Mind, it would be useful for me to get a programme on one of my PC's, so I can try it out first.

I might be able to transfer the files to a USB stick, but some clients are a bit particular.

Machine only has USB too!

So USB to 232 converter is required, which I have, and the drivers, trouble is, not sure if they will let me install all this stuff on their computer!

Customers...

So I am thinking of setting one of my machines up, and I would like to stay away from VM's, and I don't know enough about Linux TBH.

Ideas please.

As an aside, assuming the client's machine isn't a lappy then would it be worth them adding a serial port card? This rather than messing with USB/Serial converters. Had to do this with my works Windows 7 machine.

(Still can't get a Firewire card working in it though).

Canoeboy said:
Windows 7 - Hyperterminal
It's not there on the Win 7 pro 64 bit m/c I was looking into trialling on.

As an aside, assuming the client's machine isn't a lappy then would it be worth them adding a serial port card? This rather than messing with USB/Serial converters. Had to do this with my works Windows 7 machine.

(Still can't get a Firewire card working in it though).
It is a lappy, the machine control is a special.