Wiring Help Please Changing a Automatic Alarms Bell Box for Texecom Premier Odyssey 3E

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn826

Reaction score
GG--Automatic-Alarms.2---.jpgGG-Texecom-alarm-box.-.jpg

Help needed please.

I want to replace my old exterior bell box. (Automatic Alarms) All in full working order.
Main Panel is a ADE Optima Compact G4.

Replace it With a New Texecom Premier Odyssey 3E Grade2 Class 11. I’m a little unsure with the wiring, pictures shown above

Its strait forward, it really is like for like.

Problem for me is I can't tell you what colour goes where because in your first picture, the wires are covering the printed text. Please take another picture (In focus like you have done) but lift/fold the wires up out the way.

Oh, and you don't have a strobe do you?

Looks to me like the black wire is the tamper return so it would go to C

red is the 12v positive so it would go to A
Yellow is hold off neg which would go to D
blue is the siren trigger (also linked to the strobe input) B to trigger the siren, S to trigger the strobe.
From the photo it only looks like 4 core cable so you would have to link the siren and strobe triggers but if there is a spare core in your sounder cable I’d wire them separately

edit: it’d be worth double checking that the red core is actually the positive! You could either check for 12 volts between red & yellow at the sounder end or look in the panel to make sure the red goes to the bell + terminal. Over the years I’ve seen some installers use red as negative…

Last edited:
Cable from Panel Incoming block showing unobscured connections

IMG_4032.JPGBlock showing connection ports

Hiya

I connected the new bell box as per -- IanNs post.

Seems ok but not tested as to late. will try in daylight

jp 2 & 3 should be fine as per the photo, obviously the battery link needs to be made before fitting the covers

was the sounder cable only a 4 core?

It was not supplied with a jumper for battery.
Should there have been one?

As for number of wires for sounder I never noticed. Is it important?
The incoming cable from panel was 4 core.

Definitely should be a small 2 pin jumper to enable the on board battery, are you sure it wasn’t in the bag with other supplied bits and pieces? They’re only small an easily missed!

I only asked about the number of cores in the sounder cable as you could have wired the strobe separately but as the siren and strobe inputs were linked together previously you should be ok with the new sounder. Ideally they’d be wired separately but you’d have needed a 6 core cable from the control panel to the external sounder.

Went back to supplier told then they had sold me short they let me check other boxes again no little packets.
But one of them had jumpers on 3 pins so they let me rob one of that.

Each alarm had a little plastic tag same as seen on clothing Price/size/etc so i presume allthough had the tag the little packet never made the trip.or had been robbed.

Wife now tested + for Covid so fitting Jumper will have to wait.

As Arnie says I"ll be Back