Without a break..

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extension15

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something I come across with increasing regularity...

Spur off a JB, but ring (origin) is just stripped (not broken) and cable placed in JB, with spur feed wired accordingly...

So when was this common practice, and do any of you guys still do this?

; \

Only time i did it was when i couldnt gain any more cable and only had 1 jb in the van:_|

Something I come across with increasing regularity...Spur off a JB, but ring (origin) is just stripped (not broken) and cable placed in JB, with spur feed wired accordingly...

So when was this common practice, and do any oy you guys still do this?

; \
that was how I learned(learn't?) to do it, 15th.

why make another joint in the cable if you dont need to, more joins more places for faults/problems.

;)

that was how I learned(learn't?) to do it, 15th.why make another joint in the cable if you dont need to, more joins more places for faults/problems.

;)
True Steptoe, I can't knock the practice, at all..

It does as you say have it's good points

Applaud Smiley

This was how I was taught 30 odd year ago and the way I still do it.Batty
I was brought up on the 14th edition... :_|

Missed the 15th and early 16th before returning to the fold, like..Blushing

Still, one less break.......B-)

That's how you should do it but alas speed seems to be king not quality workmanship

oh and forgot to mention the 13th was king when I was a ladGuiness Drink

The only negative I can add to this thread is............

How do you sleeve the cpc...

:^O

I trained for three years in the early eighties but gave up as the people I worked for wouldn't let me have a proper apprentiship. So I got my qualifications evening classes later in life.

Batty

I trained for three years in the early eighties but gave up as the people I worked for wouldn't let me have a proper apprentiship. So I got my qualifications evening classes later in life.Batty
It has been 3 years+ since I went back to college....

My 1 regret in life Is leaving the trade at an early age and in the same context, not returning earlier than I did...

; \

Me to, I did 15 years doing a job that I didn't really enjoy. But you go through life sometimes doing the right thing but usually not.

Batty

Me to, I did 15 years doing a job that I didn't really enjoy. But you go through life sometimes doing the right thing but usually not.Batty
I wish I'd listened to my mum..

:_| :_|

I used to do it like this when I was a alarm engineer. Like already said, less faults and can do it live (well I did). I just cut cpc to sleeve. Always fun trying to drop JB terminak screw onto the thread while it was live. lol

I used to do it like this when I was a alarm engineer. Like already said, less faults and can do it live (well I did). I just cut cpc to sleeve. Always fun trying to drop JB terminak screw onto the thread while it was live. lol
:^O :^O

:eek:

I still do jb's this way as well. I was taught to cut the earth conductor (as it was known then before the Cpc had been thought up !) just to sleeve it, but i dont, i just slice the sleeve and slip over the cable. It also means more cables can be terminated in the jb.