Wonder where the next sticker will be put

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a new EV charger CU, right outside a customers front door .........

.Ev 1.jpg

Oh and yes, there's a sticker on the other side too!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a new EV charger CU, right outside a customers front door .........

.View attachment 11542

Oh and yes, there's a sticker on the other side too!

I reckon I could get one or two more stickers on that perspex hinged front cover!?    Guinness

I saw one at one of my customers....

Have the regulations stipulated a whole bunch of EV charger labels and warnings that are too big the fit onto the average equipment size??

car chargeer.JPG

I reckon I could get one or two more stickers on that perspex hinged front cover!?    Guinness

Have the regulations stipulated a whole bunch of EV charger labels and warnings that are too big the fit onto the average equipment size??

View attachment 11544

Thats a standard PodPoint installation.... it'll have a DP A type RCBO in it

View attachment 11544

There needs to be crimes against over use of stickers .........

The pointless sticker award goes to the mixed wiring colour one, if you can't work out there's colours to two versions of BS7671 you shouldn't be meddling with it in the first place and second has to be the RCD test button sticker for the most ignored. 

If these stickers on on OUTSIDE CU's then within a year they will be unreadable and within 2 or 3 will have been washed away completely.

The pointless sticker award goes to the mixed wiring colour one, if you can't work out there's colours to two versions of BS7671 you shouldn't be meddling with it in the first place and second has to be the RCD test button sticker for the most ignored. 
i refuse to put the dual colour label on my installs. FFS it’s about 18 years since the colours changed

i refuse to put the dual colour label on my installs. FFS it’s about 18 years since the colours changed
Which means anyone under about 35 that has done only new installs, will be totally confused when they see an old install with this strange old coloured cables.

I guess the original intention was to warn the old codgers that you might find some funny new coloured stuff in here.  Now it is more likely warn the youngsters that you might find some prehistoric old stuff.

But if you are competent you should know that anyway so agreed it is rather pointless.

But if you are competent you should know that anyway so agreed it is rather pointless.

I agree. Anyone competent should know that colour codes change, strange codes from foreign locations turn up, but most of all colour code alone should NEVER be trusted as some numpty before you may have messed it up.

Yep, if you don't know what the wires are for/do then you shouldn't be fiddling with it. Simples. Get it wrong, you probably die, Darwinism!

Got my annual CPS waste of time coming up ......... might just mention this pointless label and see what my assessor says............ not that I really care as I'm giving up this malarkey in about 2 years