work enquiries.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
The job scene must be getting desperate for tradesmen/women locally, I know of another local 3 sparks set up who chucked in the towel last Friday, owing the wholsaler a small fortune.

I'm getting more calls daily asking if I'm taking on extra staff.

Even got tapped up on site today asking if I had any job vacancies.

I have been getting calls from youngsters wanting job`s for a while now but just lately been getting call`s from fully qualified guy`s after work.Guiness Drink

I have been getting calls from youngsters wanting job`s for a while now but just lately been getting call`s from fully qualified guy`s after work.Guiness Drink
Mrs107 has just read this post over my shoulder & said most of the calls a month or so ago asking about any jobs on offer, were mostly stating that they have just passed the part P course but now there are more timeserved sparks ringing having been laid off or throwing the SE towel in.

These are not good times, my friends.

I'm sure nobody wants them, perhaps the media could help instead of being so negative and scaremongering.

Don

It pains me to say it lads but the next 12 months or so is going to be about survival,prosperity will come again hopefully but for now it`s heads down and take anywork you can to get through this mess;)

That is the reason i have started doing the council work again,at least its regular money coming in (bread and butter)the other work is cream on top.

Hope it picks up for anyone struggling. ;)

Strangely enough I don't seem to have work issues at all, except I'm losing jobs cos I can't get to them fast enough, despite having taken on an apprentice. Can only suggest that if you are struggling then advertise more....

Nows the time to shop the cowboys and put pressure on the powers above ie niceic and all associations to produce an ID card system. But no one will listen. Rouge traders, if caught are not pursued. How many of you guys have left or are thinking about doing something else????????

How many of you guys have left or are thinking about doing something else????????
I'm going to keep at it (enjoy the work too much), yes we all get the blue days but it's not in my nature to quit.

As for shopping cowboy work or individuals, yes I'm all for it & have done on two occations now....last I heard from bco they were looking into it (one day somebody will take notice & take action).

Latest posts