would this work

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stringy

Reaction score
right chaps need a bit of help

went to look at a job today, the woman has a outside 500w pir flood light on a switch inside.....the fitting has a dusk till dawn sensor on so obviously if this switch is on in the day the fitting wont work

anyway she has bought a new fitting for outside which also has a pir on, the house has just been decorated and she wants no damage or trunking inside.

my plan was to chop the cable going into the flood in a place thats not very visable, put into ip rated jb, then out of that jb 2 cables one to new fitting one to flood.

now because both cables are coming out of the jb if one light come on would the other one as well? even though there on seperate pir's?

thanks chaps :p

agree with cheggers.

if you want them to switch together on either PIR then an extra sw wire between the load side of each fitting is required.

if you just simply want them as stand alone then simply J B is fine.

thanks for the reply guys

i dont want them to come on together, seperate all the way

thanks

check your loadings you have 1kw on just the two floods what else is on the circuit .

cheggers

one fitting is a 500w flood the other is a 60w bc lantern with pir.

circuit is fine only a couple of pendants and the 500w flood

thanks

just a side point...

most existing 500w floods I work on I replace bulb with a 300w!

in reality not a fat lot of difference 'lighting-wise'.... :p

just saves 2/5ths of the power & electrwikery consumption! :) ;)

i have started to use the low energy replacements, bit more expensive still give a decent light out but just doin my bit :)

just a side point...most existing 500w floods I work on I replace bulb with a 300w!

in reality not a fat lot of difference 'lighting-wise'.... :p

just saves 2/5ths of the power & electrwikery consumption! :) ;)
I do to also saves fittings burning out.

Batty

Latest posts