Would you employ me?????

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dazhammy

Reaction score
Hi folks daz here just joined forum as i`m coming out of my current job to go back sparky work which i done for almost 3 years 9 years ago but gained no qualifications just hands on experience but going on a 13 day intensive course with a company called tradeskills4u where i`ll get my part p etc.Does any1 know if this course would be a good thing??I`ve been hoping to get employed easy enough but would you employ me with what i`ve said and done and is

hi daz

I run a small electrical company I would employ you but not as an electrician I would expect to pay you about 15000 unless you could prove yourself. I don't want to sound mean but my son is in the raf as a gentece an I could not employ him a a domestic sparky. as for paying this company for training I would see if you can get employment first because I would not except there qualifications how can anyone expect to become a electrician in 13 days. you will need hands on experience

hi daz I run a small electrical company I would employ you but not as an electrician I would expect to pay you about 15000 unless you could prove yourself. I don't want to sound mean but my son is in the raf as a gentece an I could not employ him a a domestic sparky. as for paying this company for training I would see if you can get employment first because I would not except there qualifications how can anyone expect to become a electrician in 13 days. you will need hands on experience
I agree with cheggers, you need to get a job first and get your experience up to scratch, the fella i employ went and did his qualifications at night school for two years whilst working for me in the day, he is now fully qulalified, has the experience and is just about to do his 17th, then his testing and inspection, dont waste your money trying to rush things do it over a few years, get your experience back, then youre blown in, about 15K is about richt to start. hope that helps dave

Don't waste you time on a 13day couse, dont know how they can teach you that much in 13days. Cant you work in the day and go to night school?

Cheers chaps but i`m kinda needing to get started on better money as i`m now 32 with a nice mortgage and getting married next may.lol.Thanks for advice but i`m gonna try my luck wi a few sparky firms and see what comes of that.

daz if you think the money is going to be better than the raf think again. you are guaranteed a wage from the forces and you are not affected by the recession. you are trying to get into a job that is in the decline. have you thought about retraining in the raf as a ground support electrician. job security is key at this time of life and moment. (starting to sound like my dad)

Would have to agree with Cheggers here Daz. Retraining whilst staying in the forces would, for the next few years at least, be likely to provide you with a higher income, and, without a doubt a more stable one. I`d sit tight if it were me - a ten day course won`t set you up to compete with the established businesses, who are already having to share the work with the sparx who used to be on the site work, and have been laid off.

Your choice at the end of the day mate; but I wouldn`t do it, in the current economic climate, unless I had no other option.

KME (who is also sounding like me dad used to :) )

I used to be able to keep up with whats going on but must be the excitement of the last week or so and I haven't even had one of kme's Guiness Drink.Batty
Then I think you need one now matey.....Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

In fact, have a few between you.Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

I'd stick with the RAF. Cant you re-train in there? They way things are out here the best place for you is in the RAF

You all make it sound so bad. I have never been so busy!
Me too. I am having to take on another bloke cus i am on the sick at the moment. The 3 electricians i employ are raking it in at the moment and i am of to Luton tomorrow to discuss increasing a contract i have with a supermarket chain

Latest posts