WTF!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just done a quote for someone...

New 17th board

Upgrade tails, main earth and PEB's

Add 5 x 2G SKTS

Add 15m 20A (4.0mm 3core) SWA / XPLE sub main to garage inc CU @ garage and socket and light circuits - - customer to dig trench.

My price which beat one other

quote her for a fire extinguisher !!!!!

Noz

it wont be the first time and wont be the last

in the last 2 years i have got my quoting pretty much on the mark against other guys,,, 2 weeks ago i quoted against another sparky and i was within

Nozo, I agree with Theory , you can't win against ridiculous prices like that and if the customer wants cheapo-cheapo they probably won't listen .

Send your quote in anyway and stress the Part p , the Quallies, ask where the other guy tied his horse when he visited site.

Deke

Nozo, I agree with Theory , you can't win against ridiculous prices like that and if the customer wants cheapo-cheapo they probably won't listen . Send your quote in anyway and stress the Part p , the Quallies, ask where the other guy tied his horse when he visited site.

Deke
or caravan :^O

Just done a quote for someone...New 17th board

Upgrade tails, main earth and PEB's

Add 5 x 2G SKTS

Add 15m 20A (4.0mm 3core) SWA / XPLE sub main to garage inc CU @ garage and socket and light circuits - - customer to dig trench.

My price which beat one other

Hey Steps, I suggest that you are, of course, jesting with us about cash jobs on an open forum, of course you always submit an invoice and enter the cheque in your books so that Mr Brown & his cronies can take their cut at the end of the year . ;) ; ) ;)

You're not plodding the mean streets with Hercules the 'orse now you know.

Sandra

Hey Steps, I suggest that you are, of course, jesting with us about cash jobs on an open forum, of course you always submit an invoice and enter the cheque in your books so that Mr Brown & his cronies can take their cut at the end of the year . ;) ; ) ;) You're not plodding the mean streets with Hercules the 'orse now you know.

Sandra
NOT all my work comes under Mr RIP OFF browns jurisdiction Sandra, quite often outside UK.

in fact, whenever possible (and this will be my first year in a while that Mr Brown gets his mitts on it :_| ) I try and pay my tax to someone more realistic about taking MY hard earned money.

sorry if that sounds like a tax dodge, its NOT, but if I work hard and earn my money somewhere else why should I have to give that toerag more than a fair share??

in fact, I dont even have a UK bank account,(NEVER have had!) that really p* them off when they cant look at it, not that I have anything major anyhow. :(