Year 3..

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extension15

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today is the start of my 3rd year of self employment...

Turnover (for year 2) was 70% up on the first year.

But I start year 3 skint.. :_|

:( :_|

It'll pick up for you Ext.
Just a week ago, it was dead quiet (like last March), now I'm struggling to fit everyone in...

Like I say, money owing doesn't pay the bills...

; \

So you are doing well so far?Just need the payments to come in from previous jobs?

A certain Agency?
Yes and No...

Having no cash flow, affects my ability to purchase parts for the next job... :(

My wife has to bail me out... :x

You have a cash account do you, EXT?I don't think it is sad that your Wife is bailing you out at all.
Well, I operate cash for goods only.

Having trade accounts proved too awkward to manage, so I no longer use these facilities (many tradesman operate this way)

Today is the start of my 3rd year of self employment...Turnover (for year 2) was 70% up on the first year.

But I start year 3 skint.. :_|

Letting agency work to one side...

My private work has moved from small jobs to biggish:

2 bed rewire (empty) next week.

Currently working on a large extension :)

:p

Well done Ext. You are right to run cash payments for goods, I did for many, many years. Those of my mates that ran accounts dreaded end of month bills coming in and it very easily got out of hand.

It's like having credit cards - far too tempting to have what you want when you want. Passing over cash actually 'hurts' but it give value to your actions. It will turn out OK - just chase your invoices politely to start.

Well done Ext. You are right to run cash payments for goods, I did for many, many years. Those of my mates that ran accounts dreaded end of month bills coming in and it very easily got out of hand.It's like having credit cards - far too tempting to have what you want when you want. Passing over cash actually 'hurts' but it give value to your actions. It will turn out OK - just chase your invoices politely to start.
Cash for goods and push maximum discounts

No credit card used for general day to day living. My card get