Zanussi oven elecric stopped working

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsmithy

Reaction score
Hello

We have a freestanding Zanussi gas oven/grill/hob. A few days ago, I came back to the kitchen to find that the electric component of the appliance had suddenly stopped working. That is to say, something was in the oven at the time and continued to cook as the gas was lit, but the oven light and clock/timer had gone out. The electric is also needed to spark the gas alight, so we are currently using matches.

I just assumed it would be the fuse, so I changed that, but no joy. The cable looks fine and I've also tried a different socket, but it still doesn't work. The appliance is about 6 years old.

Any ideas what the problem could be for the electric to suddenly stop working like this?

Thanks for any help.

J

Have you look at your consumer unit (fuse board), cookers are usually on their own circuit, so you may find one of the switches is opposite to the others? 

I was going to say..   Welcome to the forum..

But your profile says you joined back in 2016...    (and have some previous posts)

So...  Hi' "old-timer"...   you know where the bar is?   Guinness Guinness Guinness Guinness Guinness Guinness

Assume NOTHING..

It may be an appliance fault..?

OR

It may be a supply fault..?

Did you test the fuse or just replace it..?

Did you prove the new fuse was intact..?

Anyone who has ever done any electrical fault finding will know that you need to start by confirming that power is actually getting to any appliance that has stopped working..

If you are not competent or don't have access to any electrical test equipment.. 

then you probably need to get someone in to do the above..

Once you have proved if it is appliance or supply..

you will then know what the next step would be.

Guinness

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the suggestions and sorry for the delay in responding.

I changed the fuse in the plug for a brand new one. All the switches in the consumer unit are 'On', so it seems the cooker doesn't have its own as everything else is working.

Sounds as though I will need someone to look at it...

Just plug something else in where the cooker plugs in. Anything will do, kettle, vacuum cleaner, lamp....  If that works you need an appliance repair person.  If it doesn't you need an electrician.

Latest posts