Dish washer - CDA CW 494 - Issue with salt light

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicole_

Reaction score
I've got a dish washer and the model is CDA CW 494. The issue I have with it, is that the salt light keeps popping up. I add salt to the salt location in the dish washer, but the light doesn't go away.

Why is this happening and what do I need to do? I have also attached a photo if that helps.

Attachments

• Dish washer.jpg
    Dish washer.jpg
    568.7 KB · Views: 0
Personally I would ignore it as long as the machine is otherwise washing and rinsing OK.
The salt is only there as a water softener I've never put any in ours, or any rinse aid, because we use multi tablets.
If you are still concerned there is a white goods forum which will have more knowledge than this one, which is really electrical installation.

What Geoff1946 says is true, the forum he mentions can be found if you (Click the link) UK white goods forum where they have people who work on white goods all day long. Whereas us electricians only install the supply for them. A bit like asking a plumber to fix a washing machine (Well, it uses water)