100 Mm Rot Fans

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpha spark

Reaction score
Hi any one know of a 100 mm run o. Timer fan that can be ceiling mounted customer wants cheap as poss

Normally use man rose but only fitted these to exterior walls

Last time I fitted ceiling I used a greenwood van but it was nearly £50

Its in zone 2 the circuit is rcd protected

But need one ipx4

Any suggestions appreciated

I'm not moaning at £50 I just know what they will say they've already said they can get one for £12 from screwfix

Also the greenwood was a pita to wire as I had to use flex and a jb as a 3 core wouldn't go into the fan bad design IMHO

I struggle getting through to clients that, if it says wall fan then it is a wall fan. If however it says wall or ceiling fan then it is ok for the ceiling coz it sez it in the destructions!

One client knew better, 10 months on the bearings collapsed, melted the plastic holding the bearing in, fan seized, new fan. They contacted the manufacturers, their reply was " move off in short jerky movements. We never said it was suitable for a ceiling as IT IS A WALL FAN "

Bit more info

Been to look at job tonight, who ever fitted it previously has ducted from fan using soil pipe vertical for about 2 metres to the roof.

Client says it keeps dripping with condensation

And has now stopped

I've suggested putting a direct in line fan and maybe bigger than 100mm in, it's a funny situation as the bathroom is in the middle of the house and its terraced so no external walls.

Any thoughts !