17th Edition Pre-requisites?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bane

Reaction score
Hi all,

Since being laid off I've been looking at what additional courses I can enrol on to 'pad out' my CV so to speak.

Currently on my 2nd year of the 2330 and hold a 2377 cert also.

Would I be eligible to enrol on the 17th Edition (2382-10) or do you need to hold 2330 L3?

Apologies if this question has been covered before.

Many thanks,

C

I have heard various conflicting opinions on this hence the reason I have put it out here, to hear what the members have to say.

Thanks again Andy

Part P VRQ.

Yes its a 5 day wonder but you got your 2330 under your belt so you can be safe in the knowledge that you know what you are doing, Once you have done that register with a scam & you can do domestic installs!

bad day explode

:D

edit: what Andy said... 2382 can be taked at any time by anyone. If you register with a scam they may ask that you complete it within a year or your next assesment.

Part P VRQ.Yes its a 5 day wonder but you got your 2330 under your belt so you can be safe in the knowledge that you know what you are doing, Once you have done that register with a scam & you can do domestic installs!

bad day explode

:D
If he completes his 2330 he won't need this to join a scheme - the 2330 outranks it - just a waste of money :Y

Bane, take the 2391 as well - definitely a feather in your cap

A 'Scam'? ROTFWL

Cheers BLUE, that put a smile on my face.

No domestic experience, all commercial/industrial/agricultural/PLC but you certainly given me something to think about!

To be honest also been looking into NEBOSH quals, see what I can glean from those or even teachers quals (sorry don't have course codes to hand) to become a lecturer on electrical theory.

Plenty of options I guess.

Thanks again BLUE. :Applaud

I don;t follow?
For example -

If you have your 2330 l2 + l3 and you ring the NICEIC and tell them you want to join, then ask if you need to do the Part P course to join, they will tell you No, as you are already better qualified than the Part P course will get you.

You can simply pay the

Ah, just seen a word in the sentence I didn;t read the first few times round, makes sense now. ;)

Ah, just seen a word in the sentence I didn;t read the first few times round, makes sense now. ;)
I've just read it how you must have read it - was the missing word 'this'? :D

If he completes his 2330 he won't need this to join a scheme - the 2330 outranks it - just a waste of money :Y Bane, take the 2391 as well - definitely a feather in your cap
being qualified to 2330 does not exempt you from being scam reg'd (if you do domestic anyway). it simply makes it easier to join

My understanding is that if you have achieved 2330 level 3 then you are eligible just to sit the (shortened) 17th Edition Update (2382-20). Obviously you may not wish to wait that long!

From C&G site:

http://www.cityandguilds.com/21390.html?sType=q&subject_or_code=Certificate+in+the+Requirements+for+Electrical+Installations+%28BS+7671%3A2008%29+%282382%29

2382-20 Entry Requirements

It is expected that learners must have achieved one of the following qualifications which addresses the requirements for BS 7671 in order to be allowed to enter this qualification. Centres are required to ensure that only suitable candidates are entered onto the qualification and must hold a copy of each learners below certificate(s) for external verification monitoring. Failure to hold such records will result in sanctions being applied and approval being removed.

City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671: 2001 (2381), or

City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology Installation (Building and Structures) (2330-07), or

City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology Electrical Maintenance (2330-08), or

City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Electrical Installation Part Two (2360) (from 1 January 2004 onwards only)

City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Knowledge of Electrical Installation Engineering (2351) (from 1 January 2004 onwards only, and only if achieved as part of an Electrotechnical Advanced Apprenticeship completed post 1 January 2004.)

Thank you HefferL,

I actually came across that yesterday.

Unfortunate really as just received a quote for