1gang metal Pattress boxes in kitchen too close together to fit faceplate . How do I move one a little to left .?Please advise

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not remove the white plastic lip from the right-hand edge of the one-gang socket ?

Or even remove the lip all the way round if the look is that important ?

You
Why not remove the white plastic lip from the right-hand edge of the one-gang socket ?

Or even remove the lip all the way round if the look is that important ?
haven't experienced fitting the range from Trendiswitch .They are a trusted brand Your comment makes no sense if you've never fitted one .And it hasn't got the clip on faceplate yet

An Exakt saw with a diamond blade would be the ideal tool for this job if you need precision and would be the tool I would start with and then use a multi-tool to remove the plaster / filler at the side of the box
As far as product reviews go I don't just go with what the tradesman likes or the regular jobber because I know myself and what my skill levels are .Also I know my hands are weak I'm liable to mishandle or drop anything heavier than a cordless drill .Which rules out angle grinders .
I looked into getting an attachment for my drill but again there's no shield and drill bits come loose easily .
I actually have decided on a cordless tool because the sockets will be turned off at the consumer unit .
Dremel is more expensive but you get more for your money .
Parkside you have to buy all the charging accessories and Dremel is more highly spoken of by carvers and jewellers people who do more intricate cuts .
I was worried about the lack of guard on the smaller rotaries but those can be bought separate because the wheel is pretty unstable when it's being pressed at an angle and imagine a piece of metal whizzing through the air it could land anywhere .

As far as product reviews go I don't just go with what the tradesman likes or the regular jobber because I know myself and what my skill levels are .Also I know my hands are weak I'm liable to mishandle or drop anything heavier than a cordless drill .Which rules out angle grinders .
I looked into getting an attachment for my drill but again there's no shield and drill bits come loose easily .
I actually have decided on a cordless tool because the sockets will be turned off at the consumer unit .
Dremel is more expensive but you get more for your money .
Parkside you have to buy all the charging accessories and Dremel is more highly spoken of by carvers and jewellers people who do more intricate cuts .
I was worried about the lack of guard on the smaller rotaries but those can be bought separate because the wheel is pretty unstable when it's being pressed at an angle and imagine a piece of metal whizzing through the air it could land anywhere .
Your comment makes no sense at all, you asked for advice and got it and now throw it back as a worthless product review because your skill set may not be up to it

time you buy the kit better off getting someone who could do the job properly with all the kit
No disrespect weak hands weak connections

"What would you do with the decorative cover (?) "

Ah, as how horrible it looked was mentioned, I thought that was the finished article !

Trimming won't work if there's a grey cover for it, like the other one.

time you buy the kit better off getting someone who could do the job properly with all the kit
No disrespect weak hands weak connections
Getting an electrician to cover the job as I want it completed by ; is easier said than done . You literally have to book 3-4 months in advance after a quote .They are too picky and not about client satisfaction .Often grudgeful that the resident can keep up with the newest fixtures and fittings . I've had electricians so keen for the work that they turned up to quote days after I places the ad ; only to later tell me by text of how fully booked they are .
I'm don't worry at all ..next week I'll have both a cordless Dremel multi tool with all the accessories and carrying case and a USB powered soldering iron .
I don't care about their feelings really or commission .
This is about me and whether I'm going to have my
Fingers intact and no freak accidents with all due respect

Getting an electrician to cover the job as I want it completed by ; is easier said than done . You literally have to book 3-4 months in advance after a quote .They are too picky and not about client satisfaction .Often grudgeful that the resident can keep up with the newest fixtures and fittings . I've had electricians so keen for the work that they turned up to quote days after I places the ad ; only to later tell me by text of how fully booked they are .
I'm don't worry at all ..next week I'll have both a cordless Dremel multi tool with all the accessories and carrying case and a USB powered soldering iron .
simple fact is there's a shortage of tradespeople these days, so that leaves us in the position of being able to pick and choose jobs.

Stick to your guns and I'm sure you can work out how to do this yourself. Trimming tiles isn't easy to do without breaking them, it takes more patience than skill. Mark out where you want to trim back to, then run a piece of tape as a guide to trim to. I would try to score a line along the tape edge, then cut grooves in the edge to form lots of little teeth, that can then be knocked off with a sharp tap. Failing that just grind away the edge - try not to breath in the dust. Might be worth getting a hoover tube rigged to suck away the dust as you grind if you go for that option. Beware of sharp edges, the front of tiles is basically a glass coating, and very good a slicing your fingers if you aren't careful.

You may wish to review some of your comment, bearing in mind this is a forum of professional electricians, most of whom do take pride in their work, and do care about their customers.

Latest posts