206 Exam Pictures

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilsandiford1

Reaction score
Finished my level 2 last week, finally got around to uploading the pictures, should get my grade by the end of the month. :D

IMAG0032.jpg

IMAG0033.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg

the duct tape is a bit rough....

overall it looks OK. good to see some pics of what you have to install these days

patch: no point in those adapters. they only fit certain backboxes anyway, and its not the cheaper type either

whats the red surface inlet for?

its a good practice.

you have not complied with regulations:

cable passing through enclosure (or at least nic would pull you up)

no rcd to socket

no rcd to buried cables <50mm

Red inlet is for isolation procedure, there is also a socket on the wall which is used for 'proving'.

lostit: I pulled up the assessor on a few of those points before i started,

the cable through the back box he said thats just how they do it. made sure he made a note that i'd disagreed with the method.

there is a main RCD to the whole installation at the top of the wall controlled by a key switch.

wasn't too pleased with the gaffer tape on the board but it came like that and they didn't have any blanking plates. was told i wouldn't be marked down for it.

Apache: they don't provide the adaptors as they like to see if you can make a neat cut with the trunking.

Cheers for all the comments guys.

you mean the one on terminal blocks?

that is the lighting circuit, yet another thing i mentioned to them, its the switch live going to the fitting, i wanted to do it differently but because they want the fitting in conduit and singles, and the switches surface mounted that's how it had to be done.

threw me trying to draw the wiring diagrams for that. bad day explode

thru.jpg

My opinion......................... Nothing wrong with cables passing through any enclosure. There never has been a reg against this including neutrals at switches, but in your pic it looks like the blue cable (switch line) connected to the brown has no brown marker ?

Are the 2, 6491x earth cables on the left hand pipe terminated into separate lugs ? if so this is definitely a departure from the regs

The problem with all this Nic hearsay is its only the opinion of that inspector at that time & the Niceic stance on all things is to the highest, best standard. But if you put forward your take on it and are confident enough they will always listen.

PS, Nice neat job.

SS thats why i put the nic comment as i've always had this issue with all inspectors and i have met alot and from all parts of the country

i don't know where in the regs they get it from (SL?)

looks good,not so sure about using the black for neutral though, not good/accepted practice.

bet Im gonna get shot now.

/ducking smilie/
may not be good practice, but its not against 7671 and you cannot be marked down for it

No it is "Achievement Measurement 2", a Test of knowledge, understanding and practical ability for Apprentices and Improvers in Electrical Installation, required as part of some apprenticeship schemes and Employers to prove competence to enable employment status as "an Electrician"

No it is "Achievement Measurement 2", a Test of knowledge, understanding and practical ability for Apprentices and Improvers in Electrical Installation, required as part of some apprenticeship schemes and Employers to prove competence to enable employment status as "an Electrician"
would I be correct then in thinking a general and correct knowledge and the ability to actually do STUFF, rather than it having to be to a set reg/opinion as such?

ie, you could use brown as N and just sleeve it? (really hypothetical I know, but you get the gist)

more an ability to make an actual joint and bend a conduit rather than write about how it is done?