2330 L3 fault finding board

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freetrader

Reaction score
Hello,

has any one done the fault finding board for 2330 L3 yet, got mine on thursday, going out of my mind about it, any insights.

Help

and Thanks in advance

Guiness Drink

Hi Free,

I would'nt worry about it too much. Getting stressed will make it harder!

I did mine last year. Its straightforward enough if you're au fait with basic testing. Remember to work through the installation METHODICALLY. I prefer each cct in turn, some prefer IR testing each cct then Cont testing each cct etc.

Make sure you check (test) all strappers on two way lighting. If you get semi-suspect readings then test again. Take your time, be METHODICAL, ask Qu.s to tutor. They usually welcome a chance to chat, otherwise they would be bored outta their minds!!

Good luck, Neil

done mine last week, had a problem with one of the strappers on two way lighting, a nautral fault on a radial circuit, wasnt prepared for the two lighting fault but looking back it was easy, i would say the safe isolation procedure is the most important factor there looking at.

good luck!

We took these boards apart during one of our practical lessons few faults we came across were L/N reversal, earth cables out at a socket, screws that hold the accessory on weren't in properly in first socket on the ring L/N in a terminal together. DOnt ask why the lil level 2 people were playing with L3 stuff tho lol. (ok ok we needed a proper ring to practice testing on :( )

doing my test in a few weeks i think there is 6 faults on the borad and only about 9 item`s so it can`t be that hard some of the faults metioned above are on the borad.i think safe isolation procedure is very important.

good luck.

Hi everyone,

Did ok on the fault board, 7 symptoms but 9 faults.

found them all, there was a 3 in 1, ring final had a break, so counted as a fault for each conductor. one tricky one, slightly higher resistance reading on a supplimentary bong in the bathrooom.

thanks again and good luck to anyone else facing it.

:Y

Well Done Mate, I have all this to come. :_|

I was dreading it at first, thought that they would stand over you while finding the faults. I was left to get on with it after been given the symptoms. then call them over when a fault is found. remember though, only call them when you are sure. they will ask where the fault is and ask you how you would remedi it. get the fault down to the closest point.

Hope you do well as well. :D

Hi All

I have this test to do very shortly , although I am looking forward to it as I like a challenge [ my wife is the biggest challenge .. lol ] and I don't know why but as lvl 2 students some of us were given this board to look at while the others were catching up, not sure how many faults we found but it gets you thinking just like being out on a job having to fault find but it does give you some satisfaction when you do sort it out . It's still nice to know that we still have this forum to fall back on for a helping hand ...Cheers !!! Guiness Drink

you should have plenty experience from your test rig!
I have been on here. :_|

Hi All I have this test to do very shortly , although I am looking forward to it as I like a challenge [ my wife is the biggest challenge .. lol ] and I don't know why but as lvl 2 students some of us were given this board to look at while the others were catching up, not sure how many faults we found but it gets you thinking just like being out on a job having to fault find but it does give you some satisfaction when you do sort it out . It's still nice to know that we still have this forum to fall back on for a helping hand ...Cheers !!! Guiness Drink
You're very Welcome. :D

Latest posts