2391 practical exam

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E.M.F. MAN

Reaction score
Hi all, This is my first post on this site and my question is can anyone provide me with any useful info on the 2391 practical exam which I am about to take in a couple of weeks. I understand that there are four boards where inspection and testing will be undertaken and thats about all. Any info would be much appreciated. John..

1st board is a CU with a few ccts attached its a visual inspection for fairly obvious things,

2nd is a CU with 2 faults that have to be found with IR tester

3rd test is for ZS and correct application of rule of thumb etc

4th is a full PIR on a big rig with 3 phase board several circuits including a 3 phase starter and a sub main to a smaller DB

HTH

James

Thanks James, The time allowed for these four boards is four hours, does it follow from what you said that the majority of the time will be spent on the three phase board ?? Cheers John..

Welcome to the forum E.M.F. MAN, why not pop over to our introduce yourself section and tell us a bit more.

Doc H.

Assessment 1, find 12 departures from BS7671:2008, 30 mins

Assessment 2, find two faults (switched in seperately) & identify if dead shorts or low resistance, 20 mins

Assessment 3, two earth loop impedance tests, apply rule of thumb & identify if pass or fail

Assessment 4, full periodic, 2 hours.

My advice would be read the paperwork first, ask the assessor questions if you need to (he won't tell you how to test but can clarify things if you need it) & don't panic!!

Good luck!

Latest posts