3 Phase for amatures....

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
unless its changed in the new AM2, the old AM2 had a neutral for the control gear

fig_c.gif

the picture of the dol is like the one i had to wire up for the AM2 i ran from the db L1 brown,L2 black ,L3 grey, cpc ,and a neutral to the top of the dol and wired it up i put the neutral in a connector block and left it in the inside of the dol.then i ran from the test box (motor) brown,black,grey,cpc to the bottom of the dol and connected that up there was no neutral at the test box.

i take the neutral i left in the dol was what they failed me for when i tested the motor circuit it was fine.i should of taken the neutral out but forgot when i was running out of time.i had never wired one of these up before and the college never showed us on the 2 day refresher course because they said they did`nt no what was on the AM2 rig,funny that because when i done my test the lectures were never out of there.

could this be why they failed me ?

dol%20starter%20box.jpg

Searley - is that picture the same as the one in the AM2?

Is that all thats required for the motor circuit aswell as the motor?

No, motors use all three phases for each motor. However a factory floor will have it's lighting split over all three phases (30 lights on red, 30 on blue, 30 on yellow).Each sub-main will have the load on that sub-main balanced out over the three available phases
Red, yellow blue what are these I thought that it was Brown, Black Grey or L1, L2 L3:run