AC Isolator AND 32Amp Breaker

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolarChris

Reaction score
The solar invertor I've ordered (a Goodwe) shows in its installation manual fitting a 32Amp breaker between it and the load. When my electrician fits it should I also get him to fit an AC Isolator?
(I've seen a number of example schematics showing Isolators but no circuit breakers!)
Is it best have the 32Amp breaker (and Isolators if included) located on the board next to the invertor in the loft or next to the consumer unit?
Same questions for the AC backup output from the invertor to our critical load?
Thanks for any replies?

The solar invertor I've ordered (a Goodwe) shows in its installation manual fitting a 32Amp breaker between it and the load. When my electrician fits it should I also get him to fit an AC Isolator?
(I've seen a number of example schematics showing Isolators but no circuit breakers!)
Is it best have the 32Amp breaker (and Isolators if included) located on the board next to the invertor in the loft or next to the consumer unit?
Same questions for the AC backup output from the invertor to our critical load?
Thanks for any replies?
You need an isolator next to the inverter, and if the inverter is remote from your consumer unit, such as in the attic, you should fit one for the cct next to the cu as well.

The backup output, it certainly wouldn't harm to have an isolator for that cct aswell

Latest posts