Accenta 8 Alarm System

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spikenaylor

Reaction score
Hi there.

A customer has asked if I can reprogram his installed Accenta 8 system to dial a phone number of his choosing, not the monitoring company he has just cancelled his contract from.

I can't seem to find any info on how to reprogram this particular section. Unable to find an Installation manual for one, he only has a user manual.

Any help/info/pointing in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

Spikenaylor

As Andy said, but i think you have been misinformed. Monitoring stations do not use diallers, they use various types of communicators (which some Accent 8 have got pins for). This will have a chip programmed for a chosen monitoring station and its not something you can reprogram, or even convert to dial out using a standard phone line.

I concur and would like to add that the panel does seem to have outputs for a stand alone signalling device (Such as a digital communicator)

A digital communicator has a "chip" that can easily be programmed to phone any phone number, BUT it is not worth the hassle of what it does when it calls (Since it is expecting to be answered by a receiving modem, not a person)

I suggest you use your favourite search engine and type in "speech dialler"

I don't use them, so I can not recommend any particular one, but there are lots available, they will phone any number you programme it.

You will of course have to remove the existing signalling device.