Cylex Wall Mounted Electric Heater not working

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phoenix43

Reaction score
I live in a 5 yr old apartment and the wall heaters were installed as new at the same time by the developers.
The one in my living room started to become very loud (intermittently) and then just completely stopped working.
I have searched online and the only company I can find in the U.K. who originally sold these are no longer in business.
I have no idea what to do.
I don't work due to long term health issues and can't afford to replace the whole thing and just need as much advice as possible please!

Attachments

• IMG_4571.png
    IMG_4571.png
    634.4 KB
  • IMG_4569.jpeg
    IMG_4569.jpeg
    491.7 KB
  • IMG_4566.jpeg
    IMG_4566.jpeg
    2.3 MB
  • IMG_4570.jpeg
    IMG_4570.jpeg
    106.7 KB
As mentioned... you could swap two of your heaters over...
BUT.. if they are not the same power rating then it may not be a good idea?

i.e. I would guess that the lounge heater is probably a higher rating than the spare room, (Unless the rooms are equivalent sizes!).. ??

Never heard of Cylex???? But there are numerous electric wall heaters of various brands, that are still currently available.. So a suitable equivalent product should be available.

If you need a cheap fix to see you through the winter, may I suggest you buy a portable oil filled radiator. Have a look at the range available from CPC. https://cpc.farnell.com/pro-elec/pell0208-uk/9-fin-2000w-oil-filled-heater/dp/HG01189
They are available with timer and thermostat, (recommended), and in a range of power, (match the wattage of your broken unit). They are IMO the safest and probably most efficient electric heaters and you won't need an electrician