ADT panels

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

great68

Reaction score
Hi all,

I would like to crash a recently installed (18 months ago) ADT panel and reboot it to my programing for a good customer of mine. I think their Ademco panels, but cant find any info.

Does any one know if this is possible ? The panel is owned by my customer, out of contract & off line.

It may be this panel http://www.alarmtech.org/customer_support/manuals/ADT/adt-safewatchpro2000.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that link. I had found that site and was following another thread. The problem i have (and every one else there) is i dont know the installer code & i doupt i will ever get it off ADT. We have all the other codes

ADT still own the panel, get it in writing that the panel is the customers before doing anything to it or just fit a new one to save future hassle.

I have crashed other alarm panels before and reset them , but unfortunatly I don't know that alarm so can not really help you , some one else may help though , good luck

ADT still own the panel, get it in writing that the panel is the customers before doing anything to it or just fit a new one to save future hassle.
That's been checked thanks. The customer was ripped off by ADT for a new system just because he was the new property owner and they claimed it did not meet current regulations so it had to be replaced or they would not monitor/maintain it. The insurance at the time insisted a monitored alarm. If i remember correctly they charged around

That's been checked thanks. The customer was ripped off by ADT for a new system just because he was the new property owner and they claimed it did not meet current regulations so it had to be replaced or they would not monitor/maintain it. The insurance at the time insisted a monitored alarm. If i remember correctly they charged around

I am aware of the rules, but they insisted on the 'upgrade' simply due to the name change on the billing details. Nothing had been cancelled or any alterations carried out or planned

I wouldn't offer any guarantees to the customer that the panel can be salvaged, warn them before you take the lid off that some companies use 'engineer lockout' which will render the panel unusable if the end-station lid is removed without the eng code. Hope for the best but at least they'll be prepared for the worst.