Advertising Electrical Business

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Nicholson

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking at marketing again and will appreciate any hindsight advice on your personal experiences.

I had a bad experience with Yell last year. The only calls i received were from Yell Salesmen trying to get me to spend more money.

In particular, any positive stories on the various web pages offering to find a "local electrician"

Many thanks

In particular, any positive stories on the various web pages offering to find a "local electrician"
Think you'll struggle there.

Yell is, or was, reasonably OK but they seem to be more about pushing sales than anything else these days. Best way seems to be some local advertising if anything. There's a few threads on advertising from the not too distant past.

Advert in small village / church A5 mags is where I get most joy for domestic, other stuff is word of mouth.

Yell.com is a waste of time IMO, get on things like touchlocal and google maps they are free.

Free one liner in Thompson Local and Yell.com/Yellow pages.

default_good%20luck.gif

Yellow pages is still paying for itself year on year with me..

and I couldn't afford to cancel it..

IMHO a lot more mature, (not elderly), persons still use yellow pages a lot, those that have hung up their DIY hammer and want a professional to sort the electrical problem out..