Another Newbie!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bnicholson

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

After 30 years in the Telecomms Engineering Industry, I have recently qualified as a Part P and 17th Edition Domestic Installer and joined the ranks of the "Self Employed Sparky Revolution".

Based on some of the threads, I hope that there is "no such thing as a stupid question"?

So for my first question, can anyone please advise me on how to make plastic conduit look seamless when there is coving involved?

Many Thanks

BobN

Hi Everyone,After 30 years in the Telecomms Engineering Industry, I have recently qualified as a Part P and 17th Edition Domestic Installer and joined the ranks of the "Self Employed Sparky Revolution".

Based on some of the threads, I hope that there is "no such thing as a stupid question"?

So for my first question, can anyone please advise me on how to make plastic conduit look seamless when there is coving involved?

Many Thanks

BobN
Hi mate welcome, are you registered with nic, napit, or elesca as a domestic installer ? regards dave

Hi Everyone,After 30 years in the Telecomms Engineering Industry, I have recently qualified as a Part P and 17th Edition Domestic Installer and joined the ranks of the "Self Employed Sparky Revolution".

Many Thanks

BobN
Welcome Bob

What do you mean seamless when there is coving involved?

Hi Septiclecky & Heathelect,

I decided to join ElecSa, they where extremely helpful with their initial advice.

As for seamless conduit, it's the point at which the conduit connects to the coving and doesn't look odd.

I believe that you cut out enough coving to match the thickness of the conduit,

BobN

Many Thanks

BobN
Welcome.

Conduit to coving, in the past I've used a short length of galv con & filed the outer edge to make it sharp, then pushed it upagainst the coving & twisted the con so it cuts through the coving, if you hit a bit of coving adhesive a gentle tap with a hammer will suffice & if you've been lucky enough to miss the joist you'll go right on through the plasterboard.

Hi mate welcome, are you registered with nic, napit, or elesca as a domestic installer ? regards dave
Does it matter which scheme provider you are with when making your coving look seamless? Maybe a good job he picked the friendly one ;)

Welcome to the forum (dont mind me)

:D

Latest posts