Any Ideas ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

callumf

Reaction score
:CHello there,

I have just had the unfourtunate experience of being made redundant on Friday due to lack of work comin in. The timing of this couldn't be any worse as I have only five months left of my three year C&G 2330 course at college. I have been on the phone to all my local sparks asking if they have any positions available even on a temporary basis, but nearly all have the same answer that things are just 'ticking over' at the mintute which I have to say i did expect. Does anyone know of any larger companies that would take on someone who has not yet passed the 2330 course therefore does ot have any qualififcations, I would consider travelling as I live in a small town in the Borders

Cheers

Sorry to hear that and good luck with the job hunting.

Sorry to hear it Callumf, similar happened to me when I was in my 2nd year of training. Keep plugging away and phone every one you can find. I was phoning electricians whos numbers I got on line and who turned out to have retired 5 years earlier!!

I don't know if you need to be involved in a formal apprenticship, but if not, I found the small one-man-band electricians good to call because occationally they need someone for a week or 2.

I finally found work with the 2nd person I phoned when he called back 4 months later and offered me a weeks work. I'm still working for him 3 years later. So it is possible.

Good luck

Thanks Ali its always good to hear a positive story! will keep bashing away on the phone fingers crossed!!

Managed to get a start on Monday with a local spark, more on the domestic side which i am really enjoying as my last job was a lot more industrial. Thanks for all your suggestions lads