Any recommended solar monitoring software to take API data??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicwat

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hopefully this makes some sense but apologies if it doesn't, it's my first post.
I've got a 5.5kw system with battery storage that's been in place for about 2 years. I was previously with Social Energy (should have left them a lot sooner than I did) and their system provided fairly decent energy monitoring. From the start I installed separate wifi monitoring on both the solar and battery inverters to keep an eye on things but now I've left Social Energy, I'm a bit limited in the way that I can view the data.
The Sofar Solar inverter gives a decent view of everything generated but doesn't really talk to the Solax battery inverter.
The Solax battery inverter does have a visualisation for grid feed in/out, battery usage etc. and when solar is being generated an 'other' section does appear but it's not something that gets logged.
Ideally I'm after a piece of software that can integrate the two data sets that I can feed with the API's for each inverter and act as a nice front end that interprets it all. Does such a thing exist?
I think the only other alternative is to look at hardware like the MyEnergy Harvi/Eddi system that has a decent front end and basically sticks a bunch of clamps on everything.
Thanks for any help/advice/guidance anyone can give!

I'm not aware of anything that will do what you want. Might be worth looking at Geo Solar to see if they have a display gadget to suite your needs.