anyone on standby tonight ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
should be intresting tonight going out to the partys where they have blew the fuses in the subs :_|

always fun explaining that to them....

:D

I feel for you! I did last Sunday, and it was manic. back and forth between two towns twice, one in my home town (had a meal - just) back up the other end of the county, down south, back again and then they wanted to send me as far west as they could.

Thing is, not one genuine emergency amongst the whole lot of calls. Two of them were power cuts and the daft call centre operatives couldn't ask the right questions to point them that way. Also one single mother with a bad attitude complaining that the emergency credit on her meter wasn't sufficient. Didn't like being told that you need to keep the meter in credit to get leccy out of it. Hopefully she'll get a charge on that call. A couple of silly immersion heater isn't working fast enoughs (so wait a bit then!!) smoke alarms that had been blipping for weeks suddenly became life and death situations warranting a call out. The only one I personally might have called out to (given a choice) was where a two way adaptor had got warm and started smoking. The circuit worked fine once it was unplugged, but it was worth a trip, as it was someone considered at risk (gawd knows from what!). Obviously it's all housing association calls. If they had to pay for the call they might not have called us out.

Still, loadsamoney in January's pay packet!

Hope you get an easy night tonight.

Not tonight, but either me or my girlfriend are 1/2 our lives so you have my sympathy!

(I did xmas day and boxing day)

just had the first call

birmingham city center

unknown LV cable fault

44 customers off

talk to you later guys

Guiness Drink

Good Luck and report back after duty, Sir. :D

i dont have a problem if i get a call after midnight as long as the call out charge

is agreed beforehand

Went out at 5 o'clock to replace a brooken pendant could have been left till Friday as there was another light in room but if they pay I don't mind going out but won't be going out any more now I have had a few ciders.

Batty

just got back,

hopefully thats it for the night altough probley wont be ; \

turnned out to be 3rd party damage, from a few days ago that had decided to go **** up futher along the cable at a joint.

bit cold now, was a great way to see the new year in down a hole :_|

covered in resin to :_|

the joys of standby !

well not a callout yesterday and hopefully not today as the chrimbo lights need taking down :'(anybody volunteering to help me out

:(
Bit soon badge - 6th Jan is 12th night!

There is a credit crunch in mind - and electricity is expensive.

do you have to start again in September untangling them?

just got back,hopefully thats it for the night altough probley wont be ; \

turnned out to be 3rd party damage, from a few days ago that had decided to go **** up futher along the cable at a joint.

bit cold now, was a great way to see the new year in down a hole :_|

covered in resin to :_|

the joys of standby !
I certainly don't envy your job you guys certainly earn your money.

Batty

I had a fire call out at 11.58 so i saw the new year in by running out of a pub to attend the call. lol