BS 7671:2008 (2011) and City & Guilds qualifications Frequently asked questions

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
john,

Not sure what the issue is mate?

The qualifications "HAVE" to change in line with the change in 7671.

This doc has been around for quite a while now, since July (ish) in fact!

The qualifications "HAVE" to change in line with the change in 7671.!
Agree,the course needs to follow the regs but I see problems.

The following quotes are not in the order of the linked document, order changed for clarity.

Let us take the 2391, which is next on my hit list (I suspect the same problems arise around the others).

How will the wiring regulation changes affect the 2391 Inspection' date=' testing andcertification of electrical installations qualification?

The existing suite of 2391 qualifications will be replaced by the following qualifications:

o 2394 Level 3 Initial Verification of Electrical Installations

o 2395 Level 3 Periodic Inspection, Testing and Reporting of Electrical Installations

o 2396 Level 4 Design of Electrical Installations[/quote']

Three new exams.

How long will the 2391 qualifications remain?2391 closes for new registrations on 31 December 2011' date=' with a final certification date of 31

December 2013. Dated entry examinations will continue to be available until the summer of 2012,

exact final date of the 301 and 303 examinations to be confirmed.[/quote']

I will be registring next month (November), but the course starts in January, so ok I can still do the 2391-10.

Which version of the regulations should candidates apply knowledge of whenundertaking 2391 assessments?

Until 31 December 2011' date=' candidates may answer to either the 2008 (red book) or 2011 (green book)

version of the regulations

From 1 January 2012, candidates must answer in line with the 2011 1st amendment only..[/quote']

Fair enough we should have to answer to the current regs, BUT what if your course started with the BRB in force and ended with the BGB in force ?

Can 2391 units be used towards achievement of the 2394' date=' 2395 or 2396?It is not anticipated that candidates who hold 2391 units will be able to use these towards the new

qualifications. Candidates who have achieved one of the 2391 units but not completed the full

qualification should ensure they complete the remaining unit prior to the final certification date.[/quote']

Why bother to take the 2391?, It doesnt count anymore.

Please note that the 2391-301 and 2391-303 exams are not likely to continue beyond mid-2012' date='although this is subject to demand. They may continue beyond this date, but with a reduced

number of examinations per year.[/quote']

But, in the second quote they said it would be open untill December 2013.

Its no wonder people get confused :)

And why are my quotes not been quoted :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrong slash and spelling mistakes mate;) ;)

But on topic...

I read today in the connections mag that the 7671 update courses are to be done away with,, but that at te colleges discretion they are able to do te exam only

And why are my quotes not been quoted :(
Hello Philbas, You need "QUOTE=" in square brackets at the start of the quoted text and "/QUOTE" in square brackets at the end of the quoted text;

(QUOTE=)A selection of text(/QUOTE)
As above but use square brackets "[]" not curved brackets "()".

Or you can use the Wrap Quotes Around Selected Text button in the section above the editor.

Doc H.