Qualification Shake Up!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may be cynical but it seems to me that this shake up is yet another attempt to take our money.

Suddenly we have to do 3 courses for the 2391 instead of 2, and 2 courses to enable us to PAT test instead of 1.

So dig deep and find even more fees.

I understand that it doesnt backdate.

2391 was next on my list, I'm not going to be able to fit it in this year, was going to do it next year but suddenly the price has gone up now I have to pay for 3 exams not 2, I doubt very much there will be much additional content.

To be honest I've given up hope of getting the NVQ in either form, without employment it's a non starter.

At the moment I'm starting to feel very frustrated, just as I think I'm getting close someone moves the goalposts.

So how does this affect you if you have the 2391-10 but not the 2391-20

does it mean that you already have an equivelant to 2395 and can progress onto the 2396

also having an entire new course for an amendment is just pure money making

scam

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 10:19 ---------- Previous post was made at 08:28 ----------

I have phoned the city and guild ........they have not got a clue, the person on the phone didnt even know about the changed etc.

From reading it again as long as you have the 2391-10 i would see that as equivelant to the 2395

same for 2391-20 and the 2396

Look like the 2394 is new though, as its level 3, the 2392 which has the same name as 2394 (initial verfication of Electrical Installations)is level 2 and the document says it will be ported as it is without much change to the QCF

Maybe the 2394 will for part of the new domestic installer diploma thingy

who knows, what ever happens im sure it will cost money

I may be cynical but it seems to me that this shake up is yet another attempt to take our money.Suddenly we have to do 3 courses for the 2391 instead of 2, and 2 courses to enable us to PAT test instead of 1.

So dig deep and find even more fees.
The always has been 2 courses for PAT testing

Interesting to see that they recognise that the Design Qualification is a level 4 :Applaud

From what I understand, the changes in qualifications as published in the amendment of the 17th edition is not retrospective and only cover QS, in other words if your already a practising electrician and qualified supervisor you will be able to continue without any further NVQ's or C&G's.

The new C&G's are for newcomers to the industry and will be required from the 1st of January 2012 as I understand.

New to college MVK, guys like Myself who have 2330/17th edition, but aren't Part P affiliate yet are not affected by these new rules. I was at My local college on Friday, and I got speaking to one of My old lecturers, apparently the 2330 is being kept for this year at least.

AndyGuinness