BS 7671 Certificate

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duncan Bennett

Reaction score
I'm attempting to return to the trade after a short hiatus of ... erm .... 15 years.

I'm informed that, in order to renew my grade card, I have to gain a BS7671 Certificate.

Can anyone recommend where I can study this online? Not being too sure of all the new rules and regs, I don't want to spend a fortune on an online course and then find it's not recognised by Select.

Any info would be gratefully received - I've been googling this all day and I'm now just confused :-(

Welcome to the forum. What qualifications do you currently have. I think it will be a City & Guilds certificate showing competence in some aspect of BS7671 that you need.

Doc H.

Welcome to the forum. What qualifications do you currently have. I think it will be a City & Guilds certificate showing competence in some aspect of BS7671 that you need.Doc H.
Thanks for the welcome :)

I got my sjib grade card in 1979 following a four year apprenticeship. I was basically a 'house-basher': domestic work, rewires, light commercial.

I wrote to Select and they advised that I required a " ... valid BS 7671 Certificate gained within the last five years ...". Having been on various forums for most of yesterday afternoon and evening, I'm slowly finding my barings. Thanks, all,for the feedback :))